Chapter Eleven

I just want to let everyone know that since school has just started for me, this story will probably not be getting daily updates anymore. I'm at a new school, so I don't know anyone (I did make some friends though) and I'm going to have more homework. Once I get into the swing of things, updates will start coming more frequently. I just wanted to let everyone know. 

...

...

I miss my old math and history teachers. :(

EDITED AS OF NOVEMBER 5, 2016.

-------------------------------

Stephen walked with a new bounce in his step to his room. He knocked on the door to let Rachael know he was coming in. He opened the door and saw her on the phone. She help up a finger to let him know she would be with him in a minute. 

"Yeah, something's come up. I think I'll have to drop the show," she was saying. "I know, I know. If I can be in it again, I'll call you and let you know. Thank you for being so understanding. You too. Bye." Rachael hung up and dropped her phone on her chest before looking at Stephen. "Yes?"

"I came to tell you something important," he said. Rachael gave him a nod that said to go on. "The Ancient One wants me to train you in the ways of the Mystic Arts."

"What?!" Rachael said. "Does that mean I can go back to New York?" 

"Well...not exactly," Stephen said. "We will be going to the New York Sanctum Sanctorum, but you can't go back to the city. If it's any consolation, it means that you'll have powers like me. We're going now, so get ready."

Stephen and Rachael collected the few possessions they had with them and then went to the doors that led to the Sanctums. Stephen led Rachael through the door to the New York Sanctum. They went to the master bedroom and put their belongings in there. Rachael flopped down on the bed, and Stephen laid down next to her.

"We can start your training whenever you want," he said. 

"Can we start in maybe two days? I'm still kind of trying to wrap my head around the fact that you aren't dead and that all this magic isn't just something in books," Rachael said.

"Of course," Stephen said, sitting down next to her and kissing the side of her head. "We need to have a talk about us."

"What is there to talk about?" Rachael asked. 

"If I'm going to be your mentor, I won't be able to be as nice as I usually am. I'm going to have to push you to your limits, and I don't think you'll like me for it," Stephen explained. "It's not like we'd have a normal relationship. When and if you go back to New York, I don't know if I could come with you. I don't know if Kaecilius would attack you or not. He knew I was close to you, but I have no idea how. We'd never met before that encounter at the apartment, so it's not like I would have mentioned you to him." 

"Who is he?" Rachael asked. "Kaecilius, I mean?"

"He was one of the Ancient One's disciples. While being trained, he was tempted by Dormammu to the Dark Dimension," Stephen explained. "After a battle with the Ancient One, he fled and hasn't been heard of since. It appears that he has risen with new allies at his side."

"Wait, who's Dormammu?" Rachael asked, tilting her head. 

"Sorry, I should have explained," Stephen apologized. "He's basically the ruler of the Dark Dimension. He's very dangerous, so stay away from him."

"Stephen, how the hell would I even get in a situation where I would be anywhere near him? I don't have your weird cosplay necklace thingy," Rachael held the Eye of Agamotto in her hand before flinging it and making it spin around Stephen's neck. Stephen grabbed it and forced it to stop.