Chapter 15 - I want you to be awake for this

With the sound of her panic-stricken heart pounding loudly in her ears, Evie fought with everything she had.

Her cries for help were quickly smothered by Robert's large hand. She thrashed around as best she could but the drugs had made her body weak.

Evie's hand flew up to his face and she raked her long nails down his cheek. The burly man remained quiet during her struggle, but the euphoric look in his eyes proved that he was enjoying it.

She was no match for him as he effortlessly carried her into a dark room and threw her onto a hard mattress.

As she scurried backwards, Robert flashed a twisted grin at her pathetic attempt to scramble off the bed. She released a yelp as he pinned her thigh with his large hand. She opened her mouth to scream, but the only sound that she could manage was a strangled squeak.

He viciously tugged at her t-shirt and bra, stripping them from her body.

"It's been a long time since I've had the company of a lady," He informed her, unfazed by her rising panic. "Excuse me if I'm a little rusty." He grinned while tugging at the buttons on her jeans.

Tears streamed down her cheeks as he ripped her jeans off, leaving her in her underwear. She violently shook her head while she sobbed, yanking at her underwear as he tried pulling them down.

"Plea..please don't," She begged, as her head hit the pillow, suddenly becoming too heavy to hold up.

Her hands suddenly became limp from exhaustion, causing Robert to grunt in satisfaction as he easily slid down her underwear.

....

"I've never really thought about it before," Evie admitted, her eyes not leaving the canvas.

Melanie chuffed. "Oh yeah right. You expect me to believe that you've never, not even once, thought about what you want in the bedroom?"

She shrugged. "Not really."

"Would you like it sweet and romantic? Or, hot and kinky?" Melanie asked, as she swung her feet over the side of the bed and leaned in close as if sharing a secret.

Evie laughed and shook her head. "I Don't know."

"Oh come on, Evez, what about for your first time?"

Evie's raised her eyebrow. "I've had sex before."

Melanie snorted. "Oh come on! Three minutes in the back of a Corsa with Lionel Barrett doesn't count! For god's sake, you only slept with him out of pity," she exclaimed while throwing a pillow.

Evie tilted her head as the pillow went whizzing past, her eyes not leaving her work. "That's not.. entirely true."

"It is and you know it."

Evie remained quiet as she finished the final stoke and stood back to admire the finished product.

"Is it finished?" Melanie squealed as she bounced off the bed and practically knocked Evie over in excitement.

She gasped as her eyes studied the painting for the first time. "Evez.. it's beautiful."

The painting was a contemporary piece with bursts of bright colours and various textures. The elegant woman in the painting was dancing majestically, the flow of colour accentuating her movements.

"I'm glad you like it." Evie smiled as she rubbed at a large smear of paint on her arm. "I've been working on this piece for a week straight."

Melanie planted a quick kiss on her friend's cheek. "I love it. By the way, you made my butt look great," She joked.

They both remained quiet for a few moments as they gazed at the painting.

"You know what, Evez?" Melanie started, as she wrapped her arm around her shoulder.

"Hm?"

"This picture practically screams sexual frustration."

Melanie squealed in horror as Evie smeared paint on her cheek.

...

"Hey now, don't go passing out on me," Robert barked, as he nudged her back to reality.

Evie tried opening her eyes but they were too heavy. Her body had gone numb but she could still feel his disgusting hands all over her.

"Shit. Maybe I gave you too much." He sighed in annoyance as he leaned over her. "I want you to be awake for this," He cooed in her ear while smoothing her hair back off her face.

Even though she could barely open her eyes, she shifted her weight and tried pushing against his chest. She started sobbing uncontrollably as he spread her legs.

She felt so helpless.

She held her breath as she felt Robert go completely still.

Suddenly the bed shook and Robert's pain-induced yelling filled her ears.

She forced open her heavy eyelids and was met by Robert's pale face. Her eyes trailed down to see a pool of blood spilling onto the mattress. There was a large knife protruding from his stomach, blood leaking from the wound. She raised a shaking hand to wipe her face and nearly gagged at the smell of the blood.

"Hey, Pops," Rex casually greeted him, while roughly twisting the knife deeper into his gut.

She watched as Rex tilted his head around his dying father to lock eyes with her.

This was going to be you.

His face remained blank as he yanked the knife out.

Robert gasped as the knife slid out of him, he buckled over in pain, coughing blood all over her stomach.

Rex launched forward and grabbed him by the hair. "You should fucking know better than to go touching my things," He spat, moving the knife under Robert's throat.

Evie didn't have time to turn away as Rex carved the knife into his neck. The last thing she remembered was the gurgling sounds of the man drowning in his blood.

..

Rex pushed Robert's lifeless body off the bed, listening to the loud thud as it hit the floor.

He turned his attention to Evie and stared at her for a few moments.

She was a mess.

As soon as he had entered the room, he'd found her pinned to the bed, trembling from head to toe. He immediately knew that she had been drugged as her eyes were bloodshot and glazed over.

He'd been overwhelmed with the rage that surged through his body at the sight of another man touching her. He had acted instinctively and found himself plunging the knife into Robert.

Evie's naked body was covered in Robert's slick, warm blood. Not exactly how he had envisioned seeing her naked for the first time.

He quickly removed his shirt and dressed her limp body. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply to calm himself.

At least the fucker was dead.

Rex smirked at the thought of the pretty boy finding out. Branton was going to flip when he finds out that Rex killed his Daddy dearest.