Chapter 144 - Insomnia

Lin's POV

The audience erupted as we came back up from our second bow, I was overjoyed, yet, a bit annoyed, several people took pictures and videos of the show. The house lights came back on, and everyone started getting up from their seats, I walked backstage, and changed into my street clothes in Javi and Daveeds dressing room. I brought my clothes in there earlier because Abigail was sleeping in my dressing room and wouldn't that be awkward for the both of us? I mean, if she woke up and her dad was changing. Yeah, let's avoid that.

"Peanut?" I asked, coming into the room, "are you good to go?" I saw that Voltaire was taking advantage of Assassins Creed, with the new intern Lilly, it was on silent and Abi was sleeping.

"Hope you don't mind Lin, I mean, she was sleeping, we were bored, the game was in." Voltaire said.

"No, it's fine. Have fun." I laughed a little, and shook Abi awake.

"Huh?" She yawned, sitting up.

"Time to go Peanut." I said, and she swung her legs off of the couch.

"Okay, I just need my shoes." She said, pulling on her boots, "good to go." She smiled, standing up.

"You feeling better?" I asked, taking her hand.

"Yeah, I'm still a little light-headed, but I should be fine."

"Okay. Stay close, don't fall over." I smiled at her, as I opened the stage door to the mass of fans. I pulled her along behind me as I signed things.

"Uh, Dad?" I heard her say, as I was handing a Playbill back to someone in the middle of the crowd. "Dad, I, I'm..." She trailed of, and then I felt her grab my shoulder. I turned my head, to see her slip, and her hand leave my shoulder, and her tumble onto the ground.

"ABI!" I yelled, immediately kneeling next to her, "sweetheart, can you hear me?" I asked, moving strands of hair off of her face. I looked back into the crowd to see tons of people with phone out, videoing or taking pictures. "Sweetie, peanut, come on." I said, checking her steady pulse.

"I'm a doctor!" I heard someone yell.

"You're a doctor?" I replied, "wait who's a doctor?" I asked, looking back into the crowd, I saw a guys hand fly up. "Come here! Please!" I yelled, I saw people move out of the way for him, and I saw Angelo, one of our door guys, help him over the barricades.

"Okay, did she faint?" He asked, kneeling next to her across from me.

"Yeah, she fainted earlier too." I said.

"Okay, do you know why?" He asked checking her eyes, which rolled back.

"Yes." I said simply, fully aware people were video taping.

"Why? It would really help me." He said.

"Can we get her inside?" I asked, trying to not tell the world she was anorexic.

"Uh, sure, it would be warmer." He said, as I scooped Abi into my arms and carried her inside making sure the doctor was following us. "So, um, why did she pass out?" He asked.

"She's, um, she's anorexic." I admitted, "please be really discreet with that information, we don't want the world to know." I said, carefully setting her on the ground right inside the door.