Chapter 4: Kieran, Dave's Brother

Chapter 4
Kieran, Dave's Brother

When I get back to Dave's room, Peitho, in Dave's body, is on the bed already, his eyes scanning the room, flashing confusion. Peitho looks at me, his eyes flashing royal blue when he sees me approaching, tray in hand. I smile down at him, placing the tray with foods placed on it on the table near his bed. Bea, one of the cooks, has made David or Peitho a steak that is half cooked. A glass of water is placed beside the pearl white plate. Peitho grins widely, seeming excited to eat for probably the first time ever.

Peitho reminds me of Dave's attitude. Peitho has the same happiness in his eyes when Dave's happy, or seeming excited. I have probably been looking at him for a long time because Peitho looks at me with curious eyes, tilting his head to the side as he watches me, pouting. I blush at his curious stare on me and nearly scowl but I fight against it. The last thing I want to happen is for Peitho to have a different impression on me. That has happened before when Dave talked to me, thanking me for saving his life but I had slightly snapped at him because I was being awkward and I was really nervous at all.

"This is a steak," he says, as if that's the most normal thing to say. I guess that's what the Spirit Realm did to him. Staying there for a long time would make you clueless as the Spirit Realm doesn't have, well, goods and foods. "The last time I ate a steak was, like, a forever ago. I can't even remember that day. Can I eat this now?"

A low chuckle escapes my lips and Peitho's cheeks become flustered as he looks down on the steak in front of him. I nod at him with much enthusiasm, eager to see him eat. If Peitho is going to take care of my Dave's body, then Peitho needs to eat a lot of healthy foods. I can get him whatever he wants as long as it's healthy and not going to damage Dave's precious body.

Peitho grabs a fork and a knife that are placed beside the glass of water. For a moment, he stares at the silver metal that is reflecting his face, studying it with curious eyes and his face lights up. If Peitho were in his wolf form right now, his tongue would be lolling out and his mouth would be drooling. Peitho tries to cut a piece of steak but fails to do so. I chuckle, seeming it cute and adorable that he doesn't know how to use a knife. I shake my head, small smile playing on my lips. I move around, nearing him and taking the fork and knife out of his hand. Leaning down, I begin to cut the tender meat of the steak, showing him how it's done properly. He watches me cut the steak in a perfect manner, and his face never lets go of that amazed expression. Once done, I place the knife and fork neatly on the side of the plate and watch him in awe. Peitho looks at me, blinking, a grin forming on his lips and he begins to devour the piece that I cut from the steak shamelessly. I laugh at his adorableness, but despite my laughing, he continues to eat, not minding me at all.

"Is my brother okay?" Someone just barges into the room and Peitho tenses, standing up and hiding my big frame, looking scared all of a sudden, as if someone who just barged him is about to attack him. Kieran enters the room, wearing a plain light blue shirt, his hair disheveled as if his fingers have been running through it. The way his face contorts into a worried one, Dave is lucky to have a brother like Kieran, who is so caring and loving towards his loved ones. His eyes frantically search for Dave's body and when his eyes land on the figure behind me, his eyes soften. "Is Dave okay?" He asks me directly without moving his gaze on me.

I nod, flashing him a small smile. Kieran sighs in relief. Looking at him, he has been in too much stress, starting from he got rejected up to battling rogues few days ago, and now, his caring side is taking its toll on him. Kieran has been in a lot of stress moments. The one I'm about to reveal is going to stress him even more, but he'd like to hear that Peithon will help Dave recover in haste.

"Dave, can we talk?" Kieran says in a hopeful tone, trying to get a look of him behind me. Peitho hides behind me, not looking at Kieran. Kieran furrows his brows, his face contorting into a confused one as he looks past me. He sucks in a deep breath, his shoulder sagging down. I shake my head at him and jerk my chin outside, telling him that we need to talk outside. Kieran nods, smiling sadly. He turns on his heels and walks outside.