►Chapter Sixteen◄

Watching a movie when you already know what's going to happen like the back of your hand can be one of two things; either it's a really darn good movie that you'll never get bored of, or you end up falling asleep halfway through it after the fifth time it plays. Apparently I didn't think the film was all that worthy for my eyes, and I had somehow managed to fall asleep on the couch. The next time my eyes popped opened, it was early Saturday morning and Kenny was still sound asleep, but he was sprawled over me with his head against my lower belly and the rest of his body laying between my legs. The position was a little awkward, but at least he hadn't fallen asleep with his face against my crotch... Blushing at the thought, I felt the need to get up and away from this situation before he awoke and got upset by the position. But at the same time I really didn't want to move, because then he'd really wake up and his sleeping face was insanely beautiful.

My stomach scared me when it started growling, and I hoped that it wasn't too loud against Kenny's ears. The only thing that he did, however, was shift positions by turning to his other side. His shoulder was rubbing against my lower regions, and the result of that was not something that I wanted to deal with at that moment. So carefully, I slowly sat up. He started to stir, so I froze and waited for him to stop moving before continuing to get myself out from under him. Soon enough I was free and went to the bathroom to clean myself up and, of course, use the toilet. When I came back, Kenny was sat upright looking tired as all heck and just sort of staring at the black television screen. My parents must have turned it off when they got home.

"Mornin' Ken," I greeted from the foyer. "You hungry?"

Shifting his gaze to me, he nodded and stood up himself. Not before grabbing both my sketchbook that had fallen to the ground sometime during the night and the page that I had ripped out just for him. "I'm going to put these in your room," he told me before leaving to head down the hall. I watched him disappear into my bedroom before going back into the kitchen and deciding to prepare breakfast.

When he finally came back from the bedroom, I had already finished making two pancakes. I figured since it was the weekend, there wouldn't be any harm in having something so sugary first thing in the morning. I set them on a plate and handed it to Kenny, who gratefully took it with a small thank you before going to sit down at the dining room table. When I had finally made some for myself, plus a few extra in case we wanted seconds and/or my parents woke up anytime soon, I joined him at the table with two water glasses. We ate in silence until my mother came stumbling into the room.

"Pancakes?" she blinked as if she couldn't believe her eyes. "Butters, this is an outrageously unhealthy breakfast!"

Following behind her was my father, who looked just as sleepy. "Give the kid a break, Linda. He has a friend over," he told her. Mom sighed, evidently giving in and going to make herself a cup of tea. My father sat down with us and put a pancake onto his plate, followed closely with syrup. "So, did you two have fun last night?"

"Well, uh, I think so!" I nodded my head and smiled slightly. Kenny continued eating. "Oh, Ken, I was thinking about-"

My sentence was cut short when a loud ringing started going off throughout the entire room. It was Kenny's cellphone, and he gave me an apologetic look before taking it out and answering. I could only hear Kenny's side of the conversation. "Yeah dude, why?" was the first thing he had responded with, followed by; "I was busy last night. We can just do it tonight instead." I swallowed a lump in my throat and slowly finished my pancakes. "Cool, it's a date." Instantly, my eyes shot up to his face, the smirk playing across his lips lighting up the entire room. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. You know what I meant. See ya," he said, hanging up on whoever it was that had just called him.

"Uh, wh-who was that?" I asked, just as my father was putting away our dishes and my mother was getting ready for work.

"Stan and Kyle, I was supposed to hang out with them last night but ended up staying here instead," he shrugged. "So, they're kind of pissed that I ditched them."

I felt a bit of joy well up inside of me that he actually left Stan and Kyle in favor of me, which is something I never thought could happen. At least I know that he cares about me in one way or another. Maybe someday he'll feel something more for me too! That was definitely a motivating thought. "Well, are you g-going to hang out with them today to make up for it?" I asked, not even caring that I had hoped we could do something for the rest of the day.

Because last night, he chose me.

"Yeah, I probably should." Kenny finished up his breakfast and went to put it into the sink. "Thank's for the pancakes. I'm going to go get my stuff together," he said, nodding towards my room.

I got up as well to go and help him, but went to put my own dishes away before leaving my parents in the kitchen. When we made it to my bedroom, he carefully picked up the drawing I had given to him along with his backpack. Slinging it over my shoulder, he turned to me and showed a sort of half smile that seemed so incredibly mysterious to me at that moment. I really just couldn't make out anything that he could be thinking. "Uh- I-I'll walk you out!" I said, feeling my cheeks burning up and leading him out to the front door.

I could hear him chuckling behind me, and when I let him out he turned to me yet again. "I'll see you on Monday, Butters," he told me, ruffling my hair affectionately with his free hand before turning around and heading off down the road. I watched him walk off for a minute longer before biting my lip and going back inside.

Why did he have to be so perfect?