Chapter 38

“Are you ok?” He whispered breathlessly.

“Mmm.”

Harry smiled, rubbing his nose against mine. His thumb brushed my cheek as he stared at me. The sparkling green a comforting sight. A heavy sigh fell from his swollen lips before pressing them to mine. Our sweet kiss distracted me as I felt Harry very gradually retract his hips, the softening length slipping from me. It felt nowhere near as alien as when Harry had first entered me, my body was more accustomed to the uncomfortable feeling. Sharp, interrupted sounds puffed out of his mouth, gripping my hand as we became disconnected.  Harry almost looked a little relieved.

My muscles were sore as I let the comfort of the dark duvet relax me. I laid sprawled out, watching as Harry rolled over to my side; long fingers hastily fumbled with the condom, chucking it into the bin. His curls were a mess. I couldn’t help but smile at the knowledge I was the cause of the unruly sex hair currently adorning my boyfriend’s head. Within seconds he was back with me. I felt as though I couldn’t move, still slightly breathless with our heated activities. Large hands delicately caressed my body and Harry got to work on kissing every inch of my sensitive skin; starting with my right shoulder, trailing down my bare entirety. Surprisingly, at that time, the embarrassment of being completely naked just didn’t register. I didn’t seem to care. The only feeling I was experiencing was Harry, his presence all encompassing. Lips, hands, curls, skin making contact. Harry interlocked his fingers with my left hand, continuing to attentively worship my aching body.

“You did so well, Baby.” He mumbled against me.

Dark ringlets tickled against my stomach, lips sprinkling affection just above my naval, then round to the side, kisses to my right hip. The warmth of his touch soothed my muscles, sliding his large hand up my thigh as Harry continued to gravitate towards my left hip. My mind denied me the time to think before nearly crushing his long fingers between mine. My fear of him catching sight of the bruises that would have inevitably formed with his previously harsh touch. He didn’t need to see that. Harry’s actions immediately ceased to stare up at me, eyes wide with concern. Full lips pouted to question my sudden need for him to stop, but no words escaped.

“Harry.” I whispered.

My fingers were gently squeezed in reassurance, his beautiful face appearing above mine.  I quietly giggled as his nose nudged my cheek; Harry clearly relieved I was still smiling. Kisses were sponged to my jaw and down my neck. His swollen lips trailing over my chest, grazing my nipple with the tip of his tongue. My whimper caused Harry to emit a raspy laugh. He peered at me through his thick lashes.

“Will you lay with me?” My voice timid.

“It would be my pleasure.” His tone honest.

Warmth tingled through my aching entirety with Harry’s raspy words. He smiled, lightly kissing my lips before taking up the position to my right. The fluffy throw at the end of the bed was tugged up over us. Fingers still interlocked. My legs curled up underneath me, the warmth of the cover concealing our naked bodies. Harry shuffled closer, both of us on our sides as we quietly stared at each other. My mind mapped out the details of his stunning features, right down to the small freckle to the left of his mouth. His deep chuckle made me laugh as I poked the adorable indent on his cheek.

We’d just made love. A truth I was still attempting to get my head round. I felt sore, speechless, content. But a small part of me was still covertly aware of the certain darkness that Harry had unknowingly struggled to control during our intimate connection.

And that scared me.

***

Harry’s POV

Bo shifted beside me. I could tell she was a little tender from the way she moved. Her muscles sore as she attempted to sit up. She was trying to hide the discomfort she must have been feeling. The hurt I had unintentionally caused her. My mind flashed, placing my hand to her shoulder, guiding her back to the warmth of the bed as I leaned over her.