Chapter four

The above picture is how I imagined the Ashley Williams character would look like.

~~~~~~~~~~
As we were walking out of the hotel, both men and women employees eyes were on us like we were a set of people they have never seen before and I thought it was weird.

Mr Williams realized my hesitation and leaned into my right ear, " Ignore them", he said in a whisper.

I looked straight and continued to walk towards his car. It's not even the same car, this one is a black infiniti.

When we got in the car I noticed it had this new car fresh scent which was nice to inhale. Yes I know I'm weird but not everyday I get to ride in a fancy new car.

On our way to the hospital the only sound in the car was the radio and I just stared out the window while we pass by trees, buildings and cars.

We got to the hospital and before I can even open my door he reaches accross my stomach for the door handle and opens the door for me.

"Thank you for that and the ride", I said awkwardly.

"My pleasure Miss Joseph"

::::::::::
The nurse called my name and we both got up. I gave him a 'where are you going' look but he ignored it and followed us into the room.

She checked my blood pressure, wrote something down, told us to wait for the doctor and left the room leaving me and Mr Williams in yet another awkward silence.

"Why isn't your boyfriend coming with you to these appointments", he asked trying to be nosy.

"You can leave if you want to", I snapped at him with attitude in my voice without even taking a glance at him to see his reaction.

He stayed quiet and I assumed he didn't move.

"Im sorry for asking" he said after a while and I ignored him.

The doctor came in and greeted us.

"Miss Joseph, your blood pressure got lower but it is still really high. You need rest and stay away from stress , for it is putting your baby at risk ", he said and I just nodded, agreeing with everything he's saying.

Even though I got pregnant unexpectedly, although nowadays everything happens unexpectedly, I don't want to put any blame on the baby. I thought it would be unfair.

I just chose to accept what's going on in my life but if one more thing, just one more thing, happens to me unexpectedly, I'm going to explode.

As I went on and on with my thoughts I noticed that the doctor's mouth is still moving and I didn't hear a word he said.

I looked up at Mr Williams and see him nodding his head so I guess he heard.

Let me just hope that he would be able to explain me everything that I missed, CORRECTLY.

The doctor went on, "As her spouse yo.....", I cut the doctor off. "He is not my spouse", I said without looking at Mr Williams because this has become an awkward moment.

"Oh I'm so sorry" the doctor apologized and I nodded to indicate that it was okay.

"I'll see you in a month", he said handing me my appointment.

"Thanks", I said standing up getting ready to leave.

::::::::::

"Since you need rest I'll give you a month", he said while we were in my drive way.

"What happened to you needing your assistant every second", I said with attitude.

He laughed, " Don't get ahead of your self Miss Joseph. You get two weeks off and the other two weeks you will work from home. After that month you go back to your regular schedule"

"Is that clear?", he asked.

"Yes Sir", I answered feeling happy inside.

One month away from work! Atleast one good thing has come from all of this.

"Speaking of work, I have your stuff inside. That's if you don't mind me grabbing it for you quickly", I said remembering I had his file inside.

I opened my door, headed straight to my bedroom for the file and when I got back he was standing at the door way scanning my house.

I cleared my throat to get his attention,

Hell yeah im clearing my throat. I can't have him eyeing my house like that. He could be a thief, a murderer or even a..........rapist.

That thought brought back memories from that night and I zoomed out......

Flashback

"Please..........please..........please stop", I cried and shivered as I kept feeling pain every time he went in deeper and deeper and deepe..........

End of flashback

I jumped, feeling a hand touch my arm.

"Calm down Bay" he said in a caring tone.

I looked at the arm which he was holding and it was shaking. But it wasn't just my arm, it was my whole body. I just stood there shivering with tears flowing down my cheeks without me even trying.

He tried to put his arms around me but I backed up rejecting his hug. He took a step towards me and I took another step backwards with my hand stretched out in front of me to prevent him from coming any closer.

"What's wrong Bay?", he said while stretching out one hand expecting me to take it.

"No. No. No. No", I said as my mouth trembled. "Can you please leave", I said in a crying tone, pointing to the door.

He started towards the door than took one more glance at me before stepping out of my house.

I'll just give him the files another time