Chapter 2

To say Hannah was surprised that I was aloud to go was an understatement, but to say she was excited was like saying Diving off Niagara Falls is only a little water fountain.

Hannah nearly popped my eardrums when I phoned to tell her I was going. She was over the moon to finally show me the ropes of partying, I just hoped we didn't do anything too crazy for my first time out. But also the secret wild part of me did.

We pulled up to a brightly lit building pulsing with a rhythmic beat that I felt shaking my bones. Bunches of people stood outside in flashy clothing and were stumbling around like toddlers. This was what I've been waiting for, making bad decisions with equally bad people.

Hannah and I got out and began to strut to the club, I probably looked very new and uncomfortable while my brightly coloured friend practically oozed confidence. I looked at Hannah and she seemed completely in her realm, like she did this every night and it was now routine. With her bright red cocktail dress and shiny gold heels she looked like she could own this place rather then go clubbing in it.

"You like my dress?" She spoke bubbly and full of life; night time is when she came out to play.

"Yeah, it's really pretty!"

Her expression changed from happy and carefree to a knowing look that reminded me of Mary Poppins schooling Jane and Michael.

"Lesson one: you can either show a lot of leg or cleavage but never both," I don't think this was what Mary Poppins taught I thought as she gestured to a huge amount of tan leg she was showing off then the top of the dress that covered her chest "you aren't showing either so it doesn't really matter."

She's right, the jeans covered all of my leg and the tank concealed my chest, the most skin I was showing was a sexy peep show of my armpit. But I doubt my parents would let me out in anything that didn't make me look like a 12 year old boy.

When we reached the entrance I started to move to the back of the line but Hannah gripped my the back of my collar halting me like a dog on its leash. I looked back at her not knowing what she was doing, don't we have to wait like everyone else.

"What are you doing?" I asked

"Relax, you're with me and WE aren't some nobodies who have to wait in line." She giggles and gives me a signature smile and wink, it was the kind of smile that you wanted to trust and follow.

Charismatic and daring Hannah knew how to make people feel special and important, and they unknowingly began to turn into her pets. Like pawns on her chessboard she would decide where they moved and whether or not they were disposable. As awful as it sounds we got along famously, she was the spicy salsa not everyone could handle and I was the sour cream she needed to soothe the people she burnt, or at least make sure they didn't beat her up. Together we made one hell of a dip.

Like a good pet I stood waiting for what master-plan Hannah had in store. Proudly she waltzed up to the bouncer dragging me in tow by the hand.

She smiled brightly "Hey Luca, meet my best friend Baylee!" I was then pushed against a rock hard wall, the wind nearly knocked out of me.

Looking up I realized it wasn't a wall because walls aren't 6'5ft, wear black t-shirts, and sporting a fierce grimace. The giant in front of me had bulging arms covered in ink and I could feel a six pack under his shirt. He was someone I wouldn't want to get in a fight with, but definitely want fighting for me.