Caught Red Handed

Okay.. so I got caught.. And..the Fate Few stood there and looked at me with shocked faces.

Oh...why did I have to take that break...

"Hi?" I replied questioningly.

"What were you doing?" the voice of Saber boomed into my ears. My heart thumped more although it was already thumping after my combat workout and routine.

"Practicing.."

I had no idea what they would do to me. To me their faces showed signs of shock and bewilderment that I have done such a thing. My surroundings were cool, but I was burning up. I folded my hand, and felt the blood swishing in my fingers. To get caught doing something bad, was rare for me. I was not a trouble maker and everyone in the village knew that.

Normally, I would not get in trouble.

"Show me your hand." commanded Saber.

I lifted up my hand slowy and opened it. Nothing.

"No, the other hand."

...I lifted it up this time much faster. I thought that maybe if I showed it quick enough and pulled it back, they wouldn't see the blood. I lifted it up, but before I could even pull it back Archie snatched my arm, and stared at it. To me this was one of the most embarrassing and shameful things in my life. Archie's eye brows shown signs of concern, but I felt like an anvil fell on my head. I guess that was my body telling me, that was a dumb move.

Archie looked at me straight in the eyes. "Come on, lets get this cleaned up and bandaged."

I felt like crying, I really did. I connected myself with these very people and I couldn't bare knowing I disappointed them. I followed them into their tree house. It was rare to be invited in. They were a busy group. I sat there holding in the tears. Archie took my little hand and washed it in a bowl of water and wiped the blood off my hand with a clean white cloth. He then held my hand and gently wrapped another clean cloth over it. He was kneeled down when he did this. I was on a chair and my feet were on top of a stepping stool.

"Be careful, next time, Angel." Archie said to me as his eyes contacted mine. His eyes were sharp and piercing yet they showed a softness and compassion towards me.

Saber paced the room and Adez watched him. Saber had his finger curled up under his chin implying his pondering. Adez moved his head left to right as Saber moved about showing his curiosity. Anlace had her hand on her hip, gave me a look of thought, as if she were thinking what to do about me. They looked so cool even when they did the simplest things, but I was still anxious at what there solution would be. I had fear, yet excitement aroused in me.

"What were you doing in the field, Angel?" Saber brought up a question. It was stern. He looked at me and stopped pacing. "Tell me exactly what you were doing. From combat moves to what drills you were doing."

I explained, somewhat pleading. I felt tension in the room, or was it just me? Nervous?

I told him simply and openly.

"Do you do this alot?"

I fidgeted like any ten year old would do.

"Yes." I whispered as My head hung down.

He looked at Archie who was very close to me as if he did not here my reply.

"She said yes," Archie replied.

"Angel, I want to tell you that you," Saber looked at his group."you, have impressed me.."

My eyes shot wide open and my ears perked up to make sure that I was hearing right. I glanced at Saber then Archie and then the rest of the group.