Chapter Twenty Five

Naomi
~~~~~~

I woke up to a sound upstairs. It sounded like someone broke something. I looked around to see that everyone was still asleep and they weren't going to wake up anytime soon. I looked at Kale and noticed he was starting to wake up.
" Kale.Kale," I said quickly while shaking him.
" Hmm," he hummed.
" Someone's upstairs," I said frantically.
Kale's eyes shot open and he quickly started waking up the guys.
" Guys wake up. Someone's upstairs," he said quickly.
"Shit," Ashton said quietly.
" Good thing we brought our guns down here with us," Jake said.
My eyes widened and I looked at Kale. He saw me and rushed over.
" Hey look at me, we don't use them unless we absolutely have to,"
" Okay," I said worriedly.
" This time don't come near the violence," he said," I don't want you hurt again. Promise me you won't come upstairs."
" I promise," I said.
He quickly kissed me and grabbed his gun then went upstairs with the guys. I looked over at Nina to see her shaking with fear.
" Hey, it's gonna be alright. I promise," I said.
Nina just nodded and kept looking at the basement door. Then I realized that if the people or individual person came down stairs they would see me and Nina right away. I looked around and noticed another room so I grabbed Nina by the arm and drug her into the room. By now we could here yelling but it was muffled so we couldn't make out the words being said. We heard foot steps walking around above us, but they quickly started fading to a different part of the cabin. The yelling had stopped which was a good thing I'm assuming.
" Naomi I think someone is down here," Nina whispered.
" Why do you think that," I said quietly.
" Look at the door ," she said quietly.
When I looked over I saw shadows of feet. There was more than one person outside the door. Whoever was out there started throwing things around and making a bunch of noise. I pulled Nina quietly to a closet that was in the room. I sat her down in there and went and took the light bulb out of the light hanging from the ceiling. I quickly and quietly made my way back over to the closet and got in with Nina. Just as I was closing the closet door I heard the knob to the other door jiggle a bit. Nina started to breath really loud causing me to think they were going to find us. I felt around for Nina's hand and grabbed it giving it a gentle squeeze. She calmed down enough to the point they wouldn't be able to hear us. By now the person was inside the dark room.
" God damn it there's no fucking light in this room," I heard someone yell.
" Well then search it the best you can," I heard a familiar voice yell.
Nina grabbed my hand and squeezed. She must have recognized the guys voice to. I then realized the voice belonged to Matt. The real fear started to settled in just by thinking about what happened last time. I was now wondering what the hell happened to Kale and them.
" Can you guys hurry the hell up. I need to find that little bitch and have her feel what I felt," said a voice I didn't want to hear. I stiffened and so did Nina. Hearing his voice again made my blood run cold. Shane was here with Matt. And if Shane was here that meant Drake and Austin were to. Four people who hate me with a passion looking for me was not good. If the found me I would no doubt be raped and killed. Especially because of what happened with Shane. Shane is heartless when he hates someone and he will no doubt do me the way I did him but worse. I realized that if Kale and them weren't down here and there wasn't any noise upstairs that they had been knocked out quietly so me and Nina wouldn't expect anything. Shane and them were always good at that kind of stuff.  I realized how much danger I managed to get myself into once again and started regretting it. I don't regret falling for Kale because he's the best thing that's ever happened to me but I should've known this would happen again. I should've noticed that every time someone travels in a group that they are associated with something bad. Like Matt and his friends when they moved here freshman year. Then when Shane and them moved here a few months after Matt did. I should've known. Now I feel stupid for falling for someone like Shane all over again. The only difference between them is that Kale actually has a heart. I've trusted Kale from the very beginning unlike I did with Shane and his friends. I was brought out of my thoughts by Nina shaking me slightly. I heard someone stop in front of the door. I started feeling around quietly for something I could use to defend me and Nina with. I grabbed something hard and cold. It felt like piece of a pipe.
" Hey Shane, I found a closet over here," Matt said. I handed my phone to Nina so she could call 911 when I got out of the closet. I got ready and held the metal pipe ready to fight. I wasn't going to go down with out a fight. If they touch Nina they were going to get hurt even more than they already are for touching my friends and Kale. I'm sick of dealing with all of this. I don't care if I used to know all of them like my brothers, but once you hurt the people I love I am not going to show you mercy. Especially if it's a situation like this. If I have to kill you to protect my loved ones,then I will.