The Lion's Mouth

The trees waved and bellowed in the wind. Its leaves chattered as we walked through. A scarlet tanager sat on a tree limb and was diving its beak into a cricket. A bananaquit bent down and its banana yellow belly popped out in the green forest.

We strolled towards our destination trying to spot anything interesting to do. If we crossed a nice land mark like a lake or river we would most likely stop just to have fun in that particular area. I enjoyed every single second we walked through the forest. I bonded closer to my buddies as we walked and the more and more I felt as if they were my brothers since the day I was born.

We quieted down. I guess we were all too exhausted to talk and just enjoyed the view. I heard a trickling in my ear, smooth water flowing through a bunch of smooth rocks.

Sure enough we came across a stream. I told my friends and we went for a lunch stop. Lime green grass grew around the well watered area. Neil lied down on the grass and Pete cupped his hands for a cup of water. I lowered my water skin down to fill it up.

Everyone took out their lunch wraps and untied the ends of the cloth open. We dove into our food. I had a grilled chicken drumstick and salad. I took out a little bowl with a lid and poured the homemade vinaigrette. I also had ranch, but decided to save it for the rest of the salad if I were not to finish. I also had a smoked ham sandwhich with lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. Other than that, my lunch box was filled with more snacks and food. My mom knew I wasn't your typical teen girl.

Everyone finished their lunch and we headed out again. Soon enough though, we found a landmark.

A water fall. It roared as its water poured down into the bottom. I called it the lion's mouth. After that we all decided to call it that. The Lion's Mouth. Roylin found a way to see the bottom of the cliff by climbing down the inclining area with huge stones sticking out playing as a stair case. I came down with the rest of the guys and soon they found it a good spot to swim. How did they know? Neil jumped in the water like his life had no meaning without trying.

"Come on guys! Jump in! It's really nice." He yelled. The water fall wasn't to high up. He swam in and out through the beating curtain of water. The guys watched him and then became convinced.

Daven dove down and checked to see how deep it went. "Guys, it's pretty deep and clear of rocks. We can try to jump off into the Lion's Mouth."

I turned around. "Guys, have you seen Pete?"

The remaining guys shaked their heads.

"I'm up here!" Pete yelled. He was already on top of the water fall. "Bomb!" He yelled.

Splash! Neil moved his head away from the splash of water Pete impacted. Daven laughed. Roylin jumped in and then so did Daven.

"You guys are crazy. You all know that your clothes will be wet now right?"

"Oh, come on, Angel jump in!" Neil yelled.

Pete splashed water towards me. "Yea Angel!"

"Nah."

"All right..if you say so. You're missing out you know." Daven pumped his arms out with a stupid joke smirk.

Roylin cracked up, and the guys had a few chuckles. I smiled at his goofing off, but then didn't reply.
~~~~~
I took out my journal as I laid down in the grass. The guys were splashing around like ducks. They were also playing who can hold their breath the longest. I took out my pen and started to sketch the view. The cliff towered high up, the sun glimmering behind it letting its rays jot out towards me. Little clumps of clouds appeared, but the sky was all pretty much clear. The trees next to the cliff clapped as every guy jumped off the raging waterfall. Ripples ran away from the coming impact of the athletic bodies. I took off my sandals when the little sketch was finished. I placed my feet into the shallow side of the water feeling it cool them as they formed around it. I added Daven up in the air of my sketch so it looked like he jumped off. Birds flew above to give the sky more detail. I drawn in some flowers and the guys splashing at each other in the center of the water hole next to the waterfall.