Chapter Five: One Hell Of A Detention

Chapter Five

My eyelids fluttered open to a scene I don't recall: the hospital wing. I sat up quickly, but immediately regretted it, as my head stung sharply. I groaned and held my head, frowning. What was going on? Did I pass out back there with Snape.

Sweet baby Godric. I kissed Snape.

I scrunched up my nose, horrified with myself, yet a little proud. I totally admire the man, yet I find him utterly intolerable and hateful. More memories flooded in. Me confessing my love for him, actig a complete fool, him throwing me down, and me hittin my head. But most of all, me kissing him. And him kissing me back.

My body still tingled where his hands roamed, and my lips still burned from his touch. And that wasn't the only thing that burned; mythroat was on fire. I clenched my throbbing, raw neck, and Madame Pomfrey scuttled in. Her eyes turned to me. "Oh! Thank Merlin, your awake!" She exclaimed, moving to my bedside.

I was still pretty dazed and unsure of what was going on here. It looked as if a few people had stopped by, because some things were left: two cards, a flower, and a pouch of my favorite candy, Chocolate Frogs. I looked up at the nurse. "Who has been by?" I asked.

She looked as if she wasn't expecting me to ask, but answered anyways, tapping her chin as she remembered. "Let's see, the Headmaster dropped by, and so did those to Weasley boys. Ah- and another boy who graduated last year. What was his name? Yes, Wood. Oliver Wood, the old Gryffindor Quidditch captain." She answered. Funny how none of them were here now, I thought dryly. But, nevertheless, I was thankful that anyone came by at all, and that they left me things.

Which led me to another question. "Um, how long have I been out?" I asked curiously. Madame Pomfrey looked as if this was what she was expecting exactly. "Nearly nine hours, dear. You had quite the bump on your head- not to mention internal damage. Not many get away as lucky as you from the Cruciatus Curse." She shuddered as she spoke the curses name, then hobbled away again to the back, dissapearing.

That's right, the curse. But that still doesn't explain why my throat burns so badly. Whatever potion they gave me, I was clueless to it. Footsteps sounded by the doorway, and I looked over to see Fred and George standing there, relief washin over them.

The two boys ran over to me and enveloped me in a tight hug on either side, sandwiching me in. I choked a laugh as they let me go. "Hey, guys.What have I missed?"

Thy exchanged surprised looks. "The whole school is talking about you," Fred told me. "your like a hero, going after Deatheaters alone, with no fear." Finished George. A... Hero? I thought, if anything, they would be calling me an idiot. But hero works.

"Right, right... But where is Oliver?" I asked, spacing out. In truth, Oliver was kind of the last thing on my mind right now. Not that I could let the twins in on my little Snape situation. Fred propped himself up on the corner of my bed, leaning back. "He left last night. Told us to give you a big wet kiss for him." Wih that, Fred plopped a silly kiss on my cheek, and the boys laughed. I giggled and shoved him away playfully, wiping my cheek.

"I think that's an excuse." I wagged a finger at the mischievous ginger, and threw my legs over the side of the bed. George ran over, blocking my way. "Where do you think your going, Deathbeater?" Preyed the red head, and I shook my head. "Wait- what? Did you just call me 'Deathbeater'?" I squeaked.

The twins grinned and nodded in unison. "You like it? We've already begun spreading it like wildfire." George nudged me, and I realized how out of control this whole situation was getting. I was defiantly no 'Deathbeater'. Whatever story everyones been hearing, I can assure them it isn't true.