Chapter Eleven: The Little Spoon

♫ The Little Spoon♫

Finally, after Spring began, the school has given everyone Spring Break for three weeks of relaxation until the beginning month of May has been reached. And not only was there given a reason to be away from school, but more time for Natsu and Lucy to spend their times together outside of school.

Despite them being neighbors, in which they could just hangout almost everyday, all the time, Natsu decided he wanted to go out more other than just sitting on each other's porches or delivering stuff off for Jude. He wanted more quality time with Lucy, and the only time he got that was when they went to the mall.

He then heard a knock on his door, immediately dropping his silverware spoon into his bowl, milk sloshing everywhere and onto his counter. He ran to the door and quickly opened it, revealing his smiling girlfriend.

"Good morning, neighbor." Lucy winked. Natsu chuckled and gestured her to come in.

"Actually, my dad wanted to show us something, so you should probably put on a shirt and come over." She informed, however, sounded annoyed as if she didn't really want to see what her dad wanted to show them. Natsu walked back to his kitchen counter and drank all of his milk from the bowl and then ran upstairs to grab a random shirt.

"What do you think he'll show us?" Natsu hollered from above, his voice muffled as he tried shoving his shirt onto of him. Lucy smiled, walking to grab his keys and his wallet.

"I don't know, maybe he'll finally get his own secretary. I'm really tired of him using us to drop off papers." She sighed, highly hoping he'd get a secretary or some sort of assistant to help him. Natsu walked down the staircase, looking at Lucy with a comical look.

"Maybe he's got you a pet?" Natsu shrugged. Lucy offered his keys and his wallet to him as he grabbed them and shoved them into his pockets. He pecked her lips as a thank you and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling him towards him for a hug.

"It better be a dog." She hugged him back, the top of her head tickled by the nuzzling of Natsu's nose.

"I kind of want it to be a cat." He differed her answer. She removed herself from his embrace to look at him questioningly. She knew he had a liking to animals but she didn't think Natsu looked like a cat person.

"Why a cat?" She quirked a brow, "Don't tell me you have a thing for cats?"

"Fine, maybe he'll give you a cat-dog." He patted her head as they headed out. Lucy snorted at his ridiculous answer and just rolled her eyes.

"First of all I don't even think a cat-dog is a thing," She took his hand and held it with hers as they walked to her house, "Second, your wanting of a pet won't matter because it's my decision of what pet I want." Natsu grumbled a few whatever's, then knocked lightly on the door. The door swung open, scaring the two of them as Jude's eyes glinted with excitement.

"Finally, you guys are here. Thought you guys would've stalled time by just making out." Jude teased, yet was sort of not joking as Lucy's face turned red while Natsu stood there, as if taking Jude's joke seriously.

Natsu grabbed her arm and started tugging her back towards his house, "Hey, Luce let's go back—" But before he could do as he wishes, Lucy gave him a good kick in the ankle, letting him yell in pain and fall onto his side.