Chapter Twelve: Here Comes Forever

[A/N] Updated previous chapter (The Little Spoon); added a new scene that explains new things going between Lucy. Please go back to read it. Duly note that the scene is after the two little girls depart from Natsu and Lucy.

♫ Here Comes Forever ♫

He stared blankly at the snoring blonde, watching her chest rise and fall with every peaceful sigh. Her hair shimmered perfectly against the morning rays. He looked beneath the blankets, only to see their tangled legs and her arm wrapped tightly around his torso. He chuckled lightly at the girl, trying to tug away at her embrace.

"She snores like a baby grizzly bear, how cute." He nuzzled his nose into her fruit-scented hair, soon making his way out of bed. He heard a slight shift on the bed, then suddenly feeling a small pair of arms wrapping tightly around his waist. He pouted, looking behind him to see Lucy's face smothering on his bare back.

"Morning, Pinky." She mumbled, her breath tickling his skin. He dangled his legs off the bed, his feet silently meeting the cold wood floor. He looked over at his alarm clock to read that is was Sunday, it being 10:46 AM. He rubbed his eyes tiredly as he yawned at the thought of having to wait for Gray to arrive soon at his house.

He remembered telling Gray to drive him to his grandfather's house, however, not expecting Lucy to be getting a new car and also staying over for the night. Turns out he didn't really need Gray to come over today, after the unexpected events that occurred from last night. Though he didn't mind, since yesterday the two did ended up having fun overall. He peered over his shoulder again to look at the smiling blonde that squished her cheek agaisnt the small of his back.

"Morning, drooly face." He tugged at her hands, trying to escape her embrace once again. She hugged him harder, making sure he wouldn't leave the bed. Knowing Lucy being the stubborn girl, he knew he'd have to trick her into getting out of this situation.

"I want to cuddle with you." She whined softly. He mused at her comment, noting her affectionate behavior being seldom.

"But I have to pick up rent money from my gramps." He grumbled, trying to stand up, tugging her along with him as the blankets draped over the bed. He looked down to see her hugging his legs, the blankets scattered everywhere.

"But I want to sleep more." She moaned irritably.

"You look cute with my shirt on and just panties." He snorted. Lucy immediately noticed her sleep attire from last night, quickly covering her bare thighs and squeezing them together as her hands tried to cover her underwear.

"Pervert!" She shrieked with red cheeks. Disrupting their moment, Natsu's phone rang, the contact reading Gray Fullbuster who called. Natsu ran towards his nightstand and grabbed his phone, running down the steps to flee away from his girlfriend. She sat on the floor dumbfounded, blinking in confusion. Realization hitting her, she began running down the stairs faster than Natsu could.

Her feet pattered violently against the plank flooring, "Natsu, come back here!" Natsu peered behind his shoulder to see Lucy glaring daggers behind his head during her chase. He gulped, feeling her presence leering behind him. He shifted directions, trying to throw off Lucy. Unfortunately, Lucy was quick to see him switch directions which made him even more terrified.

"Lucy, please! I'm sorry!" He pleaded with an audible cry. He hopped over his sofa, his pillows tumbling down onto his carpet as Lucy hopped over both his sofa and his coffee table. He knew for sure that Lucy was way more athletic than he was if she was able to jump over two furnitures the exact size as her.