12 | David's Homecoming

╔══════════════════╗

INDIANA JONES
xii. DAVID'S HOMECOMING

╚══════════════════╝

1800sTHE ENCHANTED FOREST

1800s
THE ENCHANTED FOREST

NOT TOO LONG AFTER Indiana Jones met the mysterious man on the docks, the girl decided to say her farewells to Cora Mills. She no longer felt the need to stay with the woman, though she was utterly grateful. Now that Indiana could easily survive on her own in the wild, she was in search of finding a new place to stay in for a while and possibly a new adventure.

With nothing but a small backpack that contained a few items, Indiana found herself strolling into a local pub in an unfamiliar village that was known for its bar fights, good music, and imported rum. Indiana wasn't looking to get drunk or get in a bar fight. She heard that this bar in particular was a hotspot for people passing through before going on a great adventure. She was hoping that she could join someone on an adventure.

As soon as she set foot into the pub, Indiana had a feeling that she was going to enjoy herself. It was utterly lively in there, which wasn't what Indiana was expecting after judging the boring and quiet exterior of the building. She had a feeling that she would need to stop judging a book by its cover, as cheesy as the saying went.

Luckily for the girl, no one appeared to recognize her. This had to be one of the smaller villages that hadn't been infiltrated with Wanted posters that had her face all over them. She was beginning to wonder why no one had tried to stop her and throw her to the Royal Guard.

Hopping onto a barstool, the 15-year-old was greeted by a bartender. "So what's the buzz around here? It seems like there's always something going on," Indiana pointed out.

The bartender nodded, running a hand through her blonde hair. "That's true," she agreed. "And what do you mean by buzz? You lookin' for an adventure, kid?" Watching as Indiana nodded vigorously, the blonde chuckled. "Aren't you a little young to be going off on your own?"

"Aren't you a little young to be asking something like that?" Indiana retorted, a small smile playing at her face. It had been awhile since she'd met someone she could joke around with. She hadn't met anyone like that since... well, her Aunt Lucy. "I mean... live a little. Go on an adventure!"

The blonde smiled at her. "Alright. Well, I like you already, so I'll let you in on something my little brother and I are planning on doing in the morning," the blonde said. "We're going after the Sivalinga."

Indiana raised an eyebrow at the sound of the strange name. "What the bloody hell is a Sivalinga?" the teenager questioned.

"It's a stone from a shrine I grew up reading about. It's used for worship in temples. Apparently, its existence is a rumor," the bartender explained. "But there's also a rumor that it exists in a temple not too far from this village, which is why I moved her with my brother. We want to go after it together."