Chapter 82: Trust

(Y/n) quietly watched the radiant light of the television contrasting with the darkness of the room, trying to immerse herself in the movie while consuming her dinner of a single slice of pizza. Her mind seemed to be too awake and full of clouding and uncertain thoughts as she half-heartedly paid attention to the action on screen. She placed her plate on the nightstand while attempting to clear her anxious senses. "Hm...tomorrow..."

The girl jolted from her spot as the door was shoved open and slammed close once again as the individual half-consciously dragged himself towards the girl. Ren held a large pillow underneath his hand and as he fell beside the female's bed and proceeded to plop the pillow down at the edge before laying his dozing head onto the soft cushion.

"Ren...? What are you-?"

"Please don't mind me, continue with your night..." His voice slowly muted as his mind blanked off, sending him to a world of peaceful darkness while the girl stared at him in bewilderment while he calmly fell asleep at the foot of the bed.

"Alright then...?" She unsurely whispered, checking if the boy had fully fallen into slumber before scratching her head at the unforeseen action.

Saturday, October 17th

As the girl rubbed her dried, tired eyes to stir them awake, she stretched underneath the covers to get her stuff joints into working order before flinching in slight pain at the uncomfortable sensation of the handcuffs against her worn out skin. She looked towards the foot of her bed to spot the boy still quietly taking deep breaths while his unmoving body remained under the state of sleep. (Y/n) looked towards the clock. 'It's quite late in the morning...' She looked back at the male that was still taking his own share of the territory, contemplating whether to wake him up. Making her final decision, (Y/n) lightly threw one of her own pillows at the male to stir him awake. "Ren, wake up...wake up or I'll suffocate you with one of my pillows."

The male seemed to get rattled by the sound of the girl's voice before blinking his eyes open to allow them to focus on the person in front. "(Y/n)...? Wha-?!" He shot up from his position into full consciousness before looking around the room in a disoriented manner. "W-why am I here?" He worriedly stared towards the female for answers.

"You came in last night and fell asleep." As Ren processed the new information, a light tint of red appeared against his pale skin in a shameful presentation.

"I-I sincerely apologise! I must have sleepwalked or something and hadn't realised." He apologetically brought his hands together in a pleading manner.

"You didn't bother me so it's alright." The male sighed in relief before finding the valiance to look up at the girl. Ren awkwardly smiled in embarrassment before moving up a level of sitting on the bed.

"I greatly appreciate that you were patient with me and allowed me to sleep over." The girl dismissively smiled and patted his shoulder a few times.

"It's alright, whatever helps you sleep." The musician smiled at the female's relaxed reaction before proceeding to lay his head down on top of her resting legs. (Y/n) stared at the boy in confusion as he relaxed against her and smiled at the baffled girl.

"I do wish we could stay like this for a bit longer. I'd rather stay here with you than leave..." She uncomfortably glanced around as the boy seemed to immerse himself in her presence.

"Well, I don't mind you staying." The girl positively gave him a light smile, catching the male by slight surprise.

"Are you inviting me over to stay with you?" The female casually shrugged before leaning back to relax her tense muscles. Ren chuckled at her response before taking her hand and placing his lips on top of her skin in a grateful manner. "It's my honour to remain by my muse." He smiled up at her with a gratifying spark in his eyes, gently squeezing her palm in a clinging demeanour.