(35) Happily

HI YO PEEPS!

Soooo, I REJECTED the offer of you guys paying for votes!

I'm not going to lie, but there were people asking why I wouldn't just go with it. They said that it simply depends on the readers if they'd pay for your book.

-And I'm like -> I don't want people paying anything that has something to do with my book. My family has connections that could publish my books but I wouldn't. Why? Because I'm in Wattpad to share the stories I write for free. I want to help those people out there who want to believe that the world is still beautiful even if it's by fiction. -Plus, if people are going to vote for a chapter, I don't think 2.50 pesos or any amount of money is worth it.

I love, care, and think about you guys!

Enjoy 😊

~-~

"Vanchel!" Kyle, the cute little kid, ran towards me.

"Hey!" I grinned, bending down on my knees to hug him. He grew a little bit taller than the last time I saw him and his hair was quite shaggier now.

"We missed you so much!" He cheered, pulling away from me and pinched my cheeks.

"The only one pinching anyone's cheeks would be me!" I grinned, pinching his cheeks, making him drop his hands and tap my fingers while whining.

Charlie walked beside me and chuckled at the sight, "Let the poor guy go."

I rolled my eyes and pinched Kyle's cheeks harder. "Let the poor lady be happy."

"There's no lady here, so..."

"Charlie?"

"Yeah...?"

"Shut up."

"Okay..."

I released my grip and watch as Kyle ran outside my office while sobbing. I laughed silently and muttered, "What a baby."

"You're a baby." He snorted, leaning on the wall behind him.

"Charlie?"

"Yeah...?"

"Leave."

"Okay..." He walked outside my office while doing the 'peace out' signal, making me roll my eyes and sit on my chair.

"Vanch! You're officially back?"

I raised my head and smiled at Beth, "Yup."

"That's good!" She took a sit in front of me, "Great, even!"

Hmm? Beth doesn't usually use the words 'good' and 'great' in a sentence. So you can probably imagine my shock when I saw a silver ring hanging around her wedding finger.

"What's happening here?" I asked her, raising an eyebrow and putting a hand in front of me. "Care to explain?"

She smiled sheepishly and a red blush formed on the sides of her face. "I'm engaged."

Well no duh.

"CONGRATULATIONS!" I gasped out, jumping from my seat and literally leaping towards her across the table.

"Thanks!" She grinned, hugging me back.

I pulled away and rubbed my tummy while walking towards her, "When's the wedding?"

"Well technically, the wedding wouldn't be too soon."

"Huh?"

"We decided to travel around the world, and look for the perfect place to do the honeymoon."

My eyes widened, "Who's going to look out for his daycare?"

She rubbed her head, "Actually, Dean decided to renovate the daycare to a lovely home."

"Excuse me?"

She chuckled, "The time we'd be back here would be the time where I'd be Beth Castro."

"Ohhh..." I trailed off, before smiling when I realized what she meant. "You're going back after the wedding!" Then I also realized something, "But... that also means that you're leaving!"

"Just for a while." She smiled sheepishly.

"For a while!" I added. Sighing through my nose, I gave her a wide smile and said, "Enjoy your vacation, future Mrs. Castro."

She grinned. I grinned. We grinned.

Happily, of course.