Chapter 5: Peitho the Wolf

Chapter 5
Peitho the Wolf

When I get back inside the room, Peitho is done eating the steak that I have given for him. Peitho is sprawled out on the bed, his palm rubbing his tummy as he sighs in contentedness. His eyes are softly shut, his chest heaving up and down and for a moment, I see him as Dave and not Peitho. That's something Dave would do. Even if I met Peitho just few hours ago, both Dave and Peitho have similar attitudes. When Peitho opens his eyes and sees me perched on the wall, his eyes glisten with relief and happiness.

He swings his feet over the bed, landing on the ground. He stands up and walks up to me barefooted. He grins, his eyes flashing royal blue as he looks over his shoulder, jerking his head on the empty plate.

"Dave is so lucky to have you as his mate," he states to me, grinning. My smile falters, lips thinning into a thin line, and then a sad smile quirk into my lips. Peitho's smile fades and the way his eyes glow begin to disappear as he looks at me with pity. I bet he's thinking that I got rejected by mate, so I just shake my head to let him know. "What's the problem then?" He asks me, suddenly curious. "Come on, you can tell me. We can sit there on the bed and chat about it. I promise I'll listen."

Now I'm not the one to share things to a stranger. But there's something about Peitho that makes me believe in him. Given that we just met few hours ago, I already trust him. He seems genuine at everything. Peitho looks at me with so much hope that I have to look away. I purse my lips, slipping my hands inside my pockets to make it warm as the cold begins to invade my hand. I consider Peitho's offer as it seems like he's interested in Dave and I's story. Perhaps I should tell him, knowing that he's using Dave's body so he could live. He's bound to know the story.

Sighing, I walk over to the bed, sitting down and the bed sinks down as I take a seat. I pat the sheet, indicating him to sit beside me. He obliges, walking happily. Peitho sits beside me and awaits for my story.

"I met Dave more than a year ago," I begin, looking down at my fumbling fingers. Peitho leans forward so he can hear better, smiling up at me. "Perhaps one year and a month ago? That was the time Cloud, the Great Alpha, rejected his mate." Peitho flinches at what I mentioned. For a moment, I feel pity. It's not really a good feeling when someone rejects their mate. Rejection can end a life. "The Great Alpha's mate accepted the rejection and ran through the wilderness. I followed him. In the middle of the wilderness, the rejected mate broke the Forbidden Law, and when his human body separated with the wolf, the human ran off again and got bumped by a car in the middle of the road. That's when I first saw Dave. He accidentally bumped the human and brought the human to the hospital, I think. I just saw Dave put the human at the back seat and they drove off. I remember I couldn't move at all. I was just staring at him, too shocked because I didn't know what to do. For two reasons: one, I thought I was straight and was going to have a woman mate. Second, I couldn't accept it since I was very homophobic.

"When the Great Alpha couldn't stand the pain, we began to search and search for the human. We searched for the human for a year yet we didn't find it. We later found out that the human was living in a different country, and came back in the United States for good. After that, it was revealed that someone adopted him and gave a life the human deserved. We approached him, though he was really reluctant and didn't want anything to do with us. I understood him, his feelings. Before everything messed up, before he broke the Forbidden Law, I bullied him just because he was an outcast and because he was gay. I asked for his forgiveness. Because he has a kind heart, he did forgive me. The human's brother is Dave. We met again because a rogue attacked Dave and his brother. I saved Dave. The Great Alpha saved his mate. Eventually, the Great Alpha and the human became mated and later on, the human was able to restore his wolf back. Just recently, Dave and his brother's mum was killed by someone, a wolf, I think it's a rogue, and that's when Dave cursed that he hated wolves. He said that out of anger. But I just can't hide the fact that when he saw the wolves, he had this scared expression on his face but at the same time, his eyes had fire in it, and it looked like he wanted to kill the wolves but didn't have the capability to do so."

When I'm done with the story, Peitho's mouth has formed into a circle and he's looking at me with wide eyes. Peitho looks at the body of Dave, scanning how he looks and all. He looks up on me again and I hug him immediately. I just want to feel Dave again. Peitho seems surprised at my actions as his body becomes rigid. Eventually, he wraps his arms around me, rubbing my back and tears well up in my eyes. I need Dave to be with me. I want to have him in my arms, and it's so infuriating that you cannot do it. Dave hates werewolves because his mom had been killed by a rogue, a werewolf. I don't know how he's going to handle things when he finds out that a wolf has an absolute control over his body.

Tears begin to stream down across my cheeks, resting underneath my chin and falling as it becomes a bead. I clutch Dave's shirt, inhaling and drowning myself in his scent. Peitho continues to rub my back, being awkward and all. I shut my eyes, imagining if Dave would ever hug me like what Peitho is doing right now. My heart clenches at the thought of Dave fearing me just because I'm a werewolf. Zane, my wolf, howls in pain as the image crosses his mind as well. Zane wails inside me, whining and jumping uncomfortably.

Peitho soothes me by whispering positive words in my ear. I bury my nose in the crook of his neck, not unwrapping my arms around him. I miss my Dave. I miss my mate. There are things I want to do with him. Like I have said before, I have plans for us and knowing that those plans might not happen in the future makes me crazy. It's like planning for something in the future but you know that you will die in a certain day. All I can do right now is to wish and pray for Dave's fast recovery and Dave would be able to accept me for who I am.

"I'm sorry," I pull away from him, brushing the tears on my cheeks with the back of my hand. Peitho smiles at me the way Dave would. "It's just that I'm a mess right now. I miss Dave so much it hurts."

"No need to be sorry," Peitho assures me, starting to rub my shoulder as he smiles a small smile at me. "Dave is really lucky to have a mate like you. Sooner or later, when he wakes up, when he takes absolute control of his body, he'd realize that he's lucky to have you. Just do not be scared and let Dave adjust to everything. I may not know him personally, but I think Dave is really a good guy. I'd love to meet him someday. Don't worry, Perry. I'm going to help you with this. It's the least I could do for you and Dave."

"Dave is really a good guy," I agree with him, nodding. My eyes scan the room and I found the IV resting on the ground. I scowl, shaking my head. I run my fingers across my hair, making it tousled. Peitho smiles at my action. Peitho had a girl mate, he said. If Peitho's stay is permanent, then I'm going to have a lot of hard time to pursue Dave. But Peitho said he's going to help me, right? I should not be worried, right? If I need to impress Dave, I should impress Peitho as well, considering Peitho and Dave are one now. Dave is the the human conscious whereas Peitho is Dave's wolf. So basically... Dave is a werewolf now. I jerk my chin on the bed's direction. "You should be resting, Peitho. I don't want my Dave to feel exhausted when he wakes up. Later, when you wake up, I'll give you a tour around the place."

Peitho's cheeks reddened and he nods meekly. I chuckle. Peitho and Dave are adorable. 

Maybe I should keep them both. 

******************************

Author's Note: Ohmigosh! Peitho is so adorable! Just like Dave!

Here's the picture of Stella Maxwell. She's playing the role of Diana the Pixie!

If you want to know more about me, feel free to message me!

Email: johnmichaelsenar@gmail.com
Twitter: JMSenar
Instagram: JMSenar
Kik: JMSenar