Chapter 4

**Lexi's POV**

The honeymoon period with Gio was awesome so far. Being out of the States and not being surrounded by the whole mafia world 24/7s, almost made me forget about who Gio was and our lifestyle back home.  Giovanni Cavelli was a powerful and successful businessman and Italian mafia boss. However, by just looking at him, it was hard to tell that detail. To everyone else, he would seem like a normal everyday guy. However, being his wife now, and knowing the real guy he was behind his innocent facade, I was well aware of how deadly and dangerous he could be.

It was so surreal how I had gone from being the daughter of Gio’s rival group, to being his lover, to his enemy once again then now his wife. I guess love could be really powerful as well. Months ago, I would not have thought that I’d now be married to Gio more over being on honeymoon together.

I was in bed with my laptop resting on my stomach as I was online ordering things. It was some minutes after eight here in Venice Italy. We had finished having dinner a couple minutes ago and Gio was in the shower. He had of course tried to get me to shower with him but I had already showered before and even though the idea of showering with him sounded so appealing, I know we wouldn't really be doing much showering. After minutes of him trying to persuade me to join him, he finally gave up and went by himself. Hence, here I was shopping online.
I was most definitely be ordering somethings that I may never wear because online shopping had that impact. I had just added a pair of beige open toe wedges to my online shopping cart when I heard Gio's phone that was on the other side of the bed, started ringing.

"Babe your phone!" I called out hoping that he could hear me.

After not hearing him respond, I picked it up and went inside the bathroom with it still ringing in my hand. I know that I could've just answer it but I wanted to let him know it was ringing. Answering someone else's phone just seemed a bit out of place to me— even if that person happens to be my husband. The shower was running and the shower door was closed which explained why he wouldn't hear me.

"Babe," I called knocking on the door, once I was near enough.

"Yes?" Gio asked as he turned off the shower and pulled the door. "Now you want to join when I'm done?"

"No, it’s your phone." I said holding up the device which had just stopped ringing.

"Who is it?" Gio asked as he got a towel.

"Your girlfriend," I said rolling my eyes when it started ringing again. "The side piece who can't get enough of you, even when you're married."

"Amore just answer it. I still soaked with water." Gio chuckled obviously knowing who I was referring to.

"Hi Lucas,” I answered the phone. “Gio said to tell you stop calling him because he's a married man now and have no time for side chicks."

Lucas was Gio’s right hand man. He handled business while Gio was away but he and I didn’t quite see eye to eye most of the time. In addition, Lucas had really bad timing. He was always calling whenever Gio and I were having an intimate moment. Since he tends to call Gio quite often and they’d discuss business, I referred to him as Gio’s girlfriend or side piece.

"Hello to you too Lexi," Lucas replied.

I could tell he was rolling his eyes or something at my pettiness but was still amused at the fact that I just made a joke and was even talking to him.

"How is the honeymoon?" Lucas asked.

"Well, it has been great up until now." I replied. "Did you need something?"

"Where is Gio? I need to speak with him." Lucas replied.

"At the moment unavailable.  Gio is currently naked…" I said as I turned to look at Gio who just stepped out the shower with water running down his abs. I adverted my eyes back up before I got further distracted. "I don't really like the idea of my husband talking to another man while he's naked."