Chapter 14

I let out an ear piercing scream hoping someone, anyone, can hear me.

He is right in front of me now, bending down. I tug on the seatbelt but it's no use I am stuck. I look back over at him and see him disappear down the road. I lean forward out the window a little to see if he's gone but suddenly I see someone appear in front of me. I scream and close my eyes, fearing the worst.

"How you doing in there?" I open my eyes and am so relieved to see him and not some murderous vampire.

"Damon." I croak out.

"You're stuck." he looks up at my seatbelt frowning. He stands up and rips the door off.

"It's my seatbelt, I can't...." I'm trying to cry and talk at the same time and it's not working well.

"Shhh." Damon tries to calm me down. He leans down looking into my eyes to make sure I focus on him. "I'm gonna get you out of here. I want you to put your hands on the roof." I do as he says and slowly place my hands on the roof. "Ready 1...2..3." as he says 3 he breaks my seatbelt causing me to fall but he easily catches me. He picks me up bridal style and gets me out of the car.

"Are you okay? Can you stand? Is anything broken?" he asks. I groan and shake my head telling him there is nothing broken. He sets me down on the ground but I can't hold myself up and fall to the ground. "Woah." Damon says catching me before I hit the ground. "You're fading fast Aria." Damon announces, "Aria, look at me. Focus." Damon instructs gently taking my chin and lifting my head up so I am looking him in the eye.

"I look like her." I whisper starting to feel myself fade.

"What?" Damon asks but it's too late. I finally give in and pass out.

------

I open my eyes slowly and see the beautiful green landscape passing me by quickly. I open my eyes a little wider and sit up looking around. Uh, I'm in a car with Damon. Uh, how did I even get here. I look over at Damon and he smirks at me. "Morning."

I look out the window and realize there is no way this is Mystic Falls. "Where are we?" I ask running my hand through my very tangled hair.

"Georgia." Damon smirks.

"Georgia? No, no we're not. Seriously Damon, where are we?" I demand, starting to get a little bit nervous.

"Seriously, we're in Georgia." Damon rolls his eyes then looks over at me, "How you feeling? There's no broken bones, I checked."

I shake my head, "My car....there was a man.....I hit a man! But then he got up and.....who the hell was that?!"

"That's what I would like to know." Damon sighs and I swear I hear a little bit of anger in his voice.

"Ugh...where's my phone?" I question searching through my pockets. "Okay, we really have to go back, nobody knows where I am. Elena is probably freaking. Pull over." I command but Damon ignores me and keeps driving. "I mean it Damon, pull over. Stop the car!"

"Ugh, you were so much more fun when you were asleep." Damon rolls his eyes, finally pulling over. I open the door and get out of the car groaning as I do so.

I lean over not feeling that well and suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look over into Damon's worried eyes and smile a little bit.

"I'm fine." I tell him and stand up taking a few steps. The pounding in my head slowly fading away. "Damon we have to go back." I insist turning around and facing him.

"Oh come on, we've already come this far." Damon smirks, taking a few steps towards me.

"Why are you doing this? I can't be in Georgia, I wrecked my car. I have to go home." I frown. "You know this is technically kidnapping."