Chapter 19

I growled as I ran in my human form, leading a few of the pack members in a group run into our final sprint towards the house.

I decided it best I not shift for the time being, risking myself being seen would be good for no one. It had been almost two week and I was beginning to feel like myself again.

Pierre informed us that many of the packs are lingering, stuck on a rumor of a female wolf shifter and may be visiting or roaming through. Only those in our pack would know of my ability for the time being. 

Even now as I slowed toward the house, Kieran was speaking with Alpha's from Europe.

I walked into the house quickly, ignoring the stares of Kieran as he grinned as the Alpha's watched me with curiosity, the slight scent of lust in the air.

"Your sister?" One of the men asked.

Kieran chuckled quietly.

"Don't you wish. That there beauty is my mate." Kieran said proudly.

The scent of jealousy hit the air and I couldn't help but smirk as Kieran grinned and scent me a wink.

"And you two have finished the mating process?" The same guy asked.

"I do not appreciate how interested you are in my mate. You will hold your tongue in my house or accept your defeat in challenge." Kieran growled lowly.

I watched as the man's gaze landed on me once more, defying Kieran.

I growled loudly at him.

"You are in our house. You will respect his wishes, or leave." I said strongly.

The man went to protest but the familiar scream of Alina met my ears. I immediately bolted outside, Kieran right on my trail.

I had just stepped outside when the unmistakable sound of a gunshot sounded, the loud noise causing me to flinch.

"Charlotte." I heard in Kieran's strained voice.

I turned, gasping when I saw the wound in chest and his eyes wide with fear as he dropped to his knees.

I screamed as I tried to hold him up, trying to keep him awake.

I could feel my face already wet with tears as Kieran struggled to stay conscious.

I took my tank top off, leaving me in my sports bra as I held my shirt against his wound.

"James! Elise! Mom!" I yelled out as I watched Kieran begin to lose his life before my eyes. I looked up to see the Alpha's standing there in shock, not knowing what to do.

 I couldn't lose him. I just couldn't.

"I need you to move honey. " Elise said as she shook me from my thoughts.

I looked down at my Kieran's pale face.

"If you don't move, he'll die! " Elise yelled.

I let go quickly, letting her take control as she and two others hoisted Kieran up and they ran off with him.

I turned to see James, his hands crimson with blood as he stood next to me protectively.