Prologue

Love is a painful risk to be taken but the risk must be taken no matter how scary or painful it is, only then you'll experience the fullness of humanity and that is love. Only love can hurt your heart, fill you with desire and tear you apart. Only love can make you cry and only love knows why.

If you dont get hurt, you don't learn how to love. Love doesn't hurt all the time. Though the hurting is still there to test you, to help you grow. Dont find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love because you don't force yourself to fall. You just fall...

Let us begin this journey,
A story written among Stars..

Happy Reading ...

Kothari City Hospital,
Link Road,
Shimla- 170001

A guy aged about 21 years is seen sitting on the bench of the hospital, rocking to and fro, rubbing the sweat accumulated in his palms, having shaky breaths and keeping his vision lowered as if he's drowning in a sea of anxiety.

'Mr.Malhotra, Dr.Sinha wants to have a word with you, kindly meet him at his cabin.' Asked the nurse.

The man stood up with a hitched breath and weary eyes. Nodding at the direction of the nurse, he took weak steps towards the chamber of the doctor. He stopped outside the door when the nameplate on such door read 'Dr.Sinha'. Having let out a heavy sigh through his dried lips and praying to his stars, still he couldn't convince his mind to enter into the cabin.

Knock knock

'Yes come in' spoke a middle-aged man from inside the chamber.

'Oh Mr.Manik come have a sit.' Said Dr.Sinha.

Manik stood there for a little more time to observe the unspoken words written on the doctor's face. Feebly he walked to the chair and seated himself opposite the doctor, facing him. His palms were firmly entwined under the table to control the tingling sensation of his nerves.

'Mr.Malhotra, I've studied her condition and considering the fact that she had this immense blood loss....' The doctor paused.

'Do..Doctor she's the only one I have,please.' Manik pleaded feebly.

'See Mr.Malhotra that's why I won't be giving you any false hopes because I want you to face the reality. This is medical science and it's not driven by emotions and as you've said we had arranged the best of doctors,but...' Said the doctor.

Manik was seeing his entire world collapsing bit by bit and couldn't help but get numb.

'She has slipped into Coma. We tried our best but she didn't respond to any of those.' The doctor uttered concernedly.

Manik didn't react. He just kept looking blankly at the doctor.

'Will...she...ever...?' Manik couldn't finish because of the lump formed in his throat.

'Mr.Malhotra she had an anoxic brain damage where the injury has ceased the way of oxygen into her brain for a long time causing an acute lacking. It can take her weeks to recover or months or years or...' the doctor lowered his eyes.

Inhaling deeply, he nodded at the doctor and took his leave. Having come out of the cabin, he stood outside the glassed ICU cabin. He peeped through the rounded transparent part of the door and tears escaped as his eyes couldn't hold up their weight anymore.

'Nandini...' He whispered while caressing her image from the glassed door with his fingers.

The siren of the ambulance, the beeping sounds of the machines, the medicinal odour was making him nauseated together with the words that he heard minutes back.  He couldn't fit into his mind that no matter how loud he calls, the love of his life isn't going to respond. He felt disgusted and helpless seeing his lifeline lying lifelessly on the bed with so many ducts and pipes injected into her satin soft skin and an oxygen mask covering half of her face diminishing her beauty while her head is bandaged. He felt as a loser for having failed to protect the priceless possession of his life.

He was feeling extremely weak to carry his masculine frame anywhere and sat down on his knees at the garden of the hospital. He wanted to cry, to shout, to set this entire world on fire, to smash everything that comes his way but nothing could bring his Nandini back to the normal life she led.

It started drizzling as if the mother earth was crying at the separation of two soulmates. Soon, it was raining heavily but still the raindrops couldn't wash away neither the love that was dwelling into two divine souls nor the burning pain in his heart.

'I can't explain this heartache. I'll wait for all the eternity in the heavens above, all this waiting for you may cause me pain. But I'll wait because this love comes once in a life and I'll wait a lifetime for you Nandini...' He cried sitting still on his knees on the wet green grasses burying his face into his palms while it kept down pouring heavily.

~To have finally found each other and now be unable to be together, how truly unfortunate we are~