Runaway Wolf

Alex

"Grab some suit cases and start packing" Cole says. 

"W-Why, what did you hear" I asked stuttering my words a bit. 

"How many times have you been slapped by your father?" he asks me. I stare at him wide eyed. "Answer me, Alex I need to know how many times has he hit you, you don't know how mad I already am at him. If he lays a hand on you, I will not hesitate to hurt him" He says and I'm still shocked 

"Only a couple times" I say calmly hoping to calm him down some. His eyes shift back and forth from black to brown. He's talking to his wolf.

"How many Alex?" He demands.

"I lost track. I haven't kept count anymore since I started high school. It's almost like I've gotten used to it" I laugh sadly. His face instantly falls when he hears what I say. His face rages as he paces around the room. I see a tear slip out of his eyes as he walks back over to me.

"I'm sorry Alex I'm so sorry. I wasn't there. How old were you when it happened?"

"You have nothing to be sorry about. You didn't even know I existed. You have no reason to be sor-" Cole cuts me of by engulfing me into a bone crushing hug.

"He's never touching you again" He says angrily. He lets go of me to walk over to my closet and grabs 2 suit cases and packs my clothes. I go over to him and see that he was still crying a bit. 

"Pack up the rest of your things. We're leaving." He tells me. I freeze my movement at what he says. He sees me staring at him shocked and he tries to explain.

"We are leaving. I don't want you near that bastard ever again. Alex do you know how much it hurt me to hear that he hurt you? That you were in pain?" he asks me sadly. I stare at him not knowing what to say. I slowly start to shake my head.

"It hurts me so much and to know that I wasn't there and the possibility of you getting hurt by your own father  could happen again, I can't even come to that possibility. Just thinking about it makes me crazy and-" 

I  cut him off by throwing myself back in his arms, hugging him tightly. Why is he mad that he couldn't be there? I didn't even know him when it happened. 'It's the mate bond.' Autumn says.

I go over and finish packing not wanting to argue about leaving with him.

After we finish packing, Cole takes both of my suit cases and goes to open up the door to my room. "You know I can carry one right?" I ask 

"No it's okay kitten,  I can carry them" he says and opens up the door. We walk down stairs to see my mom sitting at the table. She lifts her head up to see me and Cole with my suit cases. "Honey what do you think you are dong" she asks me.  A look of concern covering her face. 

"Cole doesn't want me living here and neither do I. I'm sorry mom-" I say but Cole cuts me off explaining more.

"With all do respect Mrs. Steel I can not have my mate be hurt by her own father ever again, I am taking her to my pack and she will be my Luna. I hope that you wish her good luck. You will be able to see her again but I cannot have my mate in danger." he says forcibly to my mother. Before she could protest I hear steps coming from the stairs, I look up and instantly feel pan in my right cheek as I see my dad stand there with an angered face. "When I tell you to do something, you WILL obey" he sneers at me sternly, I look over to Cole and see him furious.

"Stay the fuck away from my Mate. I will not hesitate to kill you. You understand!" Cole shouts lowly. A threatening tone cutting through his words.

"No, I will not allow you to go to their pack, we forbid it. I don't care if he is your mate." John turns to me. 

 "No-" My attempt at arguing fails when my father cuts me off.
"No, I forbid you from ever seeing him. Mate or no mate. Now you can listen to me or spend your nights in the cell like last time" He smirks knowing he got to me. I felt powerless. I can't go back into the cells again. Never again.

Images flash into my mind. The cells were a dangerous place. Doesn't matter who you are or what you did, you still get punished. Most wolves never returned from the cells, and sometimes I would think, I wouldn't return either. Cole can't know about the things they did.

"Go upstairs now!" my dad growls at me. I look back up at Cole, obvious tears staining my face. "Alex move out of the way." Cole says. I walk over to my mom, and then it happens. Cole lunges at my dad punching him in the temple and then his stomach. Leaving bruise after bruise on his body. My mom just looks away, she knows as much as I do that he deserved it. Cole grabs me and the suit cases before walking out of the house disappearing into the woods with me. We stop after a couple of minutes. He sets me down on the ground by a tree and sits with me, holding me in his arms.

"I've failed you. I didn't do anything to stop him from hurting you." he says sobbing into my neck. I give him a tight hug. "Thank you" I say to him before lifting my head up to see him staring at me. I put my head back down to kiss his neck to get him to stop crying. He wraps his arms around me tightly.

"I never want to see my father ever again" I cry into his chest.

"You won't ever have to see your father again." he says looking into my eyes. 

"Can't risk my baby getting hurt now can we?" he says, I chuckle a bit before getting up earning a growl form Cole. 

"Let's go." I say to him. He gets up and continues to lead the way to the borders. I grab my phone out of my bag to see 20 messages from Sarah, all of them saying that her Alpha got his mate. One of the guards told them all. Little does she know what surprise is coming her way.

Then I get a message from my mom

He's looking for you Alex, hurry get to the borders. Love you.
I know because of your father, I will probably never see you. I love you and hope you be the best Luna that you can be. -mom

I look back up to Cole and say "He's coming for me" Cole instantly picks me up and sprints towards the boarders. I hop down and start running with him. I see him smirk and hear him say "My little runaway wolf, who knew running from death would be this fun" he says laughing.

I'm falling for my mate, and I'm falling hard.