[9] Mr.Player As Assignment Partner(Edited)

Chapter 9

Assignment Partner with Mr. Player

ALEX

I am still pushed up against the lockers when the bell rings. All the students rush out of the class and instantly freeze when their eyes fall on me and Dylan, and the compromising position we stand in; his face inches from mines, our lips almost touching. Do we look innocent? No, definitely not. So when our teacher comes outside and glares at us, I have a very guilty expression etched on my face as if I have committed a hideous crime. And I might as well have, kissing Dylan Kennedy in the middle of the classroom, in front of everyone should definitely be a crime. But did I want to kiss him? No, not at all.

Okay, maybe a little.

Wait, I want to do what?! I want to kiss him? Mr. Player? God, I'm going crazy!

Dylan’s hands are firmly planted on my hips making it impossible for me to move. Everyone around us is staring and whispering. I want to personally slap all of them and tell them to get lost. But most of all, I want to really, and I mean really, beat the hell out of Dylan. Everything had been so simple yesterday, no one even knew about my existence; no one paid me any attention. And now, probably everyone in the school will know who I am, and what’s more, all they’re going to do is saying nasty things about me, that are probably not true.

I glance at Mr. McAllister who has just stepped out of the classroom. I almost flinch because of the anger plastered onto his face. I’ve never seen him this angry—never. I silently pray to god that he’ll walk away and not take us to the headmaster. God hears my pray, because a second later, Mr. McAllister gives out an audible sigh and walks away, looking grim. I’m sure even he realizes that nothing he’ll do will change the way Dylan is.

It’s really crazy, but Dylan gets really good grades, not top-of-the-class A plus grades, but compared to all the time he wastes and loiters around, that is a big accomplishment. The only thing that bothers the teachers sometimes is the way that he’s too carefree; the only thing that’s keeping him in school is that he’s in the swim team and the basket ball team, thanks to which the school has seen many victories, and of course his parent’s money (they’re always gifting things to school, last year they ‘gifted’ the school a brand new science laboratory)

I sigh with relief as I see the teacher leaving and then turn to face Dylan. Most of the kids around us have started to leave, seeing they’ll get late for the next class. “You can leave me, you know?” I say, not bothering to hide the annoyance in my voice.

He slowly drops his hand from their initial position, and gently tugs my body towards his, but instead of crashing into him, I only end up standing upright and not pushed up against the lockers. Dylan flashes me his gorgeous but oh-so-annoying smirk and then turns around and walks away. I can’t help but stare after him as he does. The jeans he’s wearing are snug around his hips, and that butt is, let me tell you, really, really sexy. I look away instantly, realizing what I was just doing and silently pray no one saw me ogling Dylan’s butt in the hallway. My cheeks burn with embarrassment and I quickly rush out of there.

Everyone around me shifts immediately, looking at me awkwardly, some having the guts to whisper to each other about me. But I pay them no attention and keep walking away. Who cares what they think? Who cares what anybody thinks? For the next couple of hours I pretend to not care. I pretend that the kids talking among themselves, gossiping to each other, aren’t gossiping about me. I pretend. But I wish it was as easy as it seems. Every now and then I’d catch some stranger from school staring at me, and then instantly turning away before I can react. Many people don’t meet my eye in the hallway, even though I know as soon as I’ll look away they’ll instantly started talking about me.