Do I want kids?

I stayed silent, knowing that if I answered Thatcher, I would most likely say the wrong thing, and that's not what I want to do. I want him to be happy, but kids? He's only turning twenty, is he ready for that? Can we handle kids at this point in our relationship? I know I just asked him to marry me, but this is a bigger step than that!

I get up off the couch and walk towards the front window. Looking out, I see the family across the street playing with their young children, thinking that could possibly be us in a few years, or several. I would like it if he graduated college first before we truly started a family together.

"Jacob?"

Thatcher is standing behind me, patiently waiting for me to answer him, but I'm still not sure what to say.

"When would you want children, love?"

"I don't think we could handle a child while I'm in school, so maybe in three years? After graduation, preferably. Is that alright with you?"

Sounds like he had this planned out from the start. At least he thought about the situation for us with a child, and with him in school. That's my baby, thinking of everything that I start to question.

"A child in three years?"

"Yes. Maybe a brother and a sister?"

"Two then?"

He shakes his head, and wraps his arms around me, snuggling into my chest. He's trying to act like an adult, but I know that if we really want to have those two children he wants, he might just have to keep a little bit of his childish side.

"A brother and sister. How old?"

"Kindergarten, maybe finishing out preschool."

A kindergartener. Sounds lovely. A pair of children just starting school, so we can help them with anything they need, buy school supplies and clothes. Spoil them together. As A Family.

"That's perfect love. I can't wait to hear a child call you Dad. And have little feet running around the house."

He smiles up at me, like that's the best news he's heard in years.

"Maybe we can get a dog too, when we adopt the children."

"I think everyone would like that very much, Jacob. Especially our future children."

A second chapter in one day?!? What?!? So what's everyone thinking about the flow of the story so far? Should I write an intense love scene for the wedding night? And if anyone has suggestions for the wedding, shoot me a message with the details, and I'll choose the best :) Also, it's storming outside like a mother...so time for my other story, It all started with a look, to be updated again :) so if you like X-Men and Cherik, go give it a read :) Thank you my little vampires!