SIXTEEN

Dallas

❝we are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours

❝we are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.❞

"WHERE IS SHE? Where the hell is she?" I snapped, running through the front doors of the hospital

Soda stood up quickly and walked over towards me. "They already have her in a room, Dal. Her whole back was dripping with blood. What the hell happened?" 

I ran my hands through my hair frustratingly and started pacing back and forth. "Why did y'all let her come after me? Why?" 

Two-Bit laughed. "Dal, do you know how much we tried? You know how headstrong that girl is. And I think she showed us and you how much she cared about you today." 

I shook my head, my stubbornness getting the best of me. "She may care about me, but she doesn't love me. No one does, like my dad said."

Johnny scoffed. "Dal, caring about someone is the same as loving them. She loves you so much she drove to go and find you and made me and Pony tell her where your dad lived, just so she could find out if you were okay." 

"Any of you would do that, that doesn't prove anything." I growled, sitting down in a seat. 

Soda laughed. "Well, I think what she told me was pretty straightforward. Right before she passed out, she wanted me to tell you that she loves you." 

I paused and stopped breathing. 

She loves me? 

Someone loves me? 

I looked up, my eyes wild. "I have to go see her, now." 

As if on cue, the doctor came right out. I was the first to stand up and walk over to him. "Naomi is going to be fine, but all of the glass fragments sliced her back. There's going to be tons of scars once they heal, but she'll be alright. She's still passed out right now, but one person at a time can go visit her." 

I exhaled deeply, relief washing over me. She's going to be fine. 

I ran to her hospital room, slowing down once I entered. I closed the door carefully and brought over a chair to the side of her bed. She looked extremely pale from all the blood loss, making me feel guilty. 

If I wouldn't have ran off, she wouldn't have came to come look for me. 

I grabbed her hand and wrapped my fingers around her soft, fragile ones. I traced circles on the back of her hand with my thumb, thinking of what I should say. 

I took a deep breath. "I know you can't hear me because you're passed out cold, but you know I'm not the mushy type. But, what I realized after hanging out with you this past month is, I care about you. A lot. You never knew that because I always told you while you were drunk, so you wouldn't remember. You won't remember this, and I don't know if I'll ever tell you I love you while you can hear me." 

I took a shaky breath, trying to control my emotions. I've never felt like this in a long time. I feel..... vulnerable. 

"Please." I begged, "Please just know that I do care about you."

A small smile appeared on her lips, and I shot her a glare. "You've been listening this whole time haven't you?" 

She opened her eyes slowly, adjusting them to the light. She peered over at me and smiled weakly. "I love you, Dallas. Even if you don't want to say it back. I know you love me."

I grinned. A real grin, too. Something I never do. Our hands were still intertwined and I didn't bother letting go either. 

I shook my head, a laugh escaping my lips. "Man, Cinderella, why can you make me feel this stuff no one else can?" 

She giggled, and I smiled at how cute her laugh was. Hell, I'm turning all soft now, am I? 

"Even though my whole back is aching and I feel like dying, this is probably one of the best days of my life." She squeezed my hand, making me glance at it. 

Our hands were perfectly combined. A puzzle fit together. Two broken people, clashing together as one. 

That's what we are, right? 

We were both just staring at our hands and I lifted her chin up, planting a soft kiss on her lips. "I guess I have some explaining to do, huh?" 

She smiled in the kiss. "Yeah, ya waif, you do." 

She scooted over on the bed, making her be in excruciating pain because her back slid across the bed-sheet. After telling her how stupid she was for doing that, I laid down next to her as she rested her head on my chest. 

Then, I started from the beginning, and I told her something that I've never told anyone before. 

My life story. 

//

//

okay, I've gotten tagged plenty of times to do this, and I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you want to do it, go ahead! 

ten facts about me

- i'm actually extremely shy in person
- I am obsessed and I mean, obsessed with The Beatles, One Direction, Sabrina Carpenter, Chet Faker, Hozier, and obviously Beyonce. 
- my favorite basketball team is the Kentucky Wildcats HELL YEAHHHH
- i'm from Kentucky, in a very small town
- I have a younger brother named Zak
- my favorite movie is My Girl
- my favorite television show is Girl Meets World
- my favorite color is blue
- I am NOT athletic whatsoever
- I'm really short lmao it sucks

hope you got to know more about me!