1.6

i know i can treat you better.

"he what?" jimin whispers, trying to comprehend the piece of information.

"i'm sorry park jimin, but maybe you can try to contact him? there's not much we can do in this school but to tell you that former student kim taehyung has left and went to america" mr. kim said sadly, giving a small smile before walking away.

jimin had tried to contact his boyfriend ever since but he didn't answer. not even once.

and jimin cried so badly.

but then three years later, a brown haired male suddenly appears back in seoul high, with a face all too familiar to jimin eventhough it became more matured, he can't stop the soft gasp escaping his mouth and the sting of his eyes and he's so tired of crying.

he had slapped taehyung, avoided him for weeks before the boy begs him for forgiveness, tears falling on his crestfallen face so jimin gives in. after all, he was his boyfriend.

jimin watches as taehyung kicks the ball and scores, his team mates cheering behind. they were having a friendly match against the class and decided to sit out, not quite feeling the vibe to play. he also watches another male, shoulder drooping slightly, bags under his eyes and figure shaking a little.

"baby, you alright?" taehyung jogs towards him and jimin tosses him a bottle, the latter flashing a small smile as a thank you.

jungkook watches this from the sideline, heart aching painfully as he clenches the bottle in his hand.

"you're going to fucking choke it" yugyeom says as he stands beside him, chugging down his water. jungkook looks down at the bottle, crushed in his hands.

"hang in there buddy, i know how it feels. but it was your fault" jungkook shoots him a look but yugyeom shrugs.

"well you were an asshole to him so just suck it up" the male pats his shoulder before going back to the field, resuming the game. jungkook sighs before joining in as well, his pent up emotions building up inside of him. the game started smoothly, their team player, jackson passing the ball to yugyeom who dribbles it nearer to the goal post before the ball was taken by the opponent team player, yoongi. jungkook runs to him, tackling the ball and kicks it, totally missing his aim and shooting it far away, far enough that it hit a certain brown haired male on the bench.

jungkook's eyes go wide as he freezes on his spot while taehyung shouts a nasty remark before running to jimin to check up on him and jungkook clenches his jaw as his fists balled up against his side. he runs to jimin but taehyung was already bringing him out the field, a glare making its way towards jungkook but the younger shoots him a glare back, huffing a breath before the coach calls them back in.

-

jungkook walks into the library where he knows jimin will be, walking towards the furthest table, seeing a mop of brown hair reading a book in front of him.

jungkook thanks the heaven that taehyung isn't there and cautiously makes his way there, sitting opposite jimin when the male looks up, eyes going wide for a nanosecond before going back to his book.

"your shoulder, is it alright?" he starts nervously, jimin looking up once again, then he nods.

"i'm sorry, i think i kicked it to hard" he received another hum and jungkook sighs.

"jimin, please stop this"

"stop what?"

"avoiding me. stop avoiding me, please"

jimin sighs as he closes his book, looking staright at the male in front of him.

"i'm sorry for what i have done. it was a dumb mistake but please, please let's start over. i want to be friends with you again. i want to be able to talk to you again. i want to be able to see you again" and his eyes are glazed over, bottom lip tucked between his top row of teeth, fist clenching on the table as he will himself not to cry in front of jimin.

"i really miss you" he adds in a whisper, blinking his eyes harshly.

"jungkook"

"jeon jungkook, look at me" the said boy looks up, jimin giving him a look before shaking his head.

"okay, okay i'll be your friend again"

"really?" he says in astonishment, thinking that jimin will never forgive him.

"that doesn't mean i'm fully healed from what you did to me but i miss talking to you too" jimin smiles a little before standing up started walking out before arms were hesitantly wrapped around his waist, his body tensing at the sudden touch.

"j-jungkook, what are you doing? let me go"

"just let me hold on a bit longer, please" there's a break to his voice and jimin's mind swirls in a tunnel of emotion, still trying to grasp the situation.

"thank you. for accepting me again" jungkook says softly and lets go before he walks away, and jimin would be lying if he say he didn't see the tears falling off the other's face.

-

jungkook watches as taehyung feeds the other male in the cafeteria, jimin whining but taehyung still forcing him to eat the food. the boy eventually gives in, grumbling cutely while munching his food slowly, a pout of his lips. taehyung coos before wrapping his arms around jimin's waist, kissing his cheek and saying 'sorry's along the way. their group of friends gagged playfully, rolling their eyes at taehyung. but the hazelnut haired just sticks his tongue out.

jungkook watches and his heart breaks even more.