CHAPTER 34: CONFIRMATION

Chapter 34: Confirmation

The car on the garage tells us that Dad is already home. Hindi ko alam kung bakit bigla na lamang akong sinalakay ng kaba. Don't I trust my father? Do I really believe in Zywon's words? Definitely not but there is something that tells me that I should check.

Nauna nang pumasok sa bahay si Mommy and for the first time ay naramdaman kong kinakabahan ako habang papasok. When I was younger, I broke a flower pot in the garden but I was never afraid to enter the door to tell my parents. I stepped and left my foot prints on the newly concretized lawn but I was never afraid to enter the door and tell them. I destroyed Mom's orchid plants but I was never afraid to enter this door.

But now I haven't done anything yet I am hesitant to open this door in front of me. I was about to reach for the knob ngunit naunang bumukas iyon at iniluwa si Daddy.

"Pumpkin!", he said and he hugged me tightly. God, how can I doubt my own father?

"Dad..."

"I missed you so much Anak", he said and he kissed my hair. "All this time ay iniisip kita. Would you believe it that I almost didn't close a deal when I went spacing out because I was thinking of you?"

Work. That's it. Daddy have to work for us and he's not a certain Rovan Allejo III who financed an evil organization.

"I missed you more Dad", wika ko sa kanya and I hugged him again. That's it! I won't check anymore if Dad is connected with the Genesis. Sinisiraan lamang siya ni Zywon. Maybe I shouldn't put too much information on social media like putting Mom and Dad's name on the About information on facebook.

"Are you staying over here until tomorrow? I'm planning to have bonding with you and your Mom. Matagal na kasi tayong hindi nagkakasamang tatlo. Do you like that Sweetheart?", he asked at lumawak ang ngiti ko.

"I don't like the idea Dad, I love it!" I'm really looking forward for tomorrow! Pumasok na kami ni Daddy and he asked me about how my studies doing. I told him some details except the risky undertakings. They trusted me to live on my own so if I would be telling them about my encounter with bombs and guns, malamang ay hindi nila ako pagpapa-aralin sa Bridle or to any boarding school.

We discussed about how we should spend our bonding tomorrow and Dad suggested a popular resort na agad namang sinang-ayonan ni Mommy. Wala ding problema sa akin iyon. In fact kahit dito lang kami sa bahay at magbake gaya ng ginagawa namin dati ay ayos lang din as long as magkasama kaming tatlo. We spent the rest of the day like the we used too when I was younger.

When it was bedtime ay nahiga ako sa kama ko and think about how happy I am with my family. I'm not the kind who wants to have a full attention of my parents kaya kahit abala sila ay okay lang sa akin. Hindi rin naman sila nagkulang sa pagcheck sa kalagayan ko.

I was about to turn the lights off and open the lampshade when my phone rang kaya agad kong sinagot iyon ng makitang si Jeremy ang tumatawag.

"Hel-"

"I hate you Bestie!" Uh? Anong problema nito?

"What? Anong ginawa ko sayo?"

"Iniwan mo ako. You didn't even tell me that you went home", wika niya. "But that wasn't the reason why I hate you."
Napakunot ang noo ko. What's up with Jeremy?

"Ano nga?"

"I don't really hate you."

"Je, naka-drugs ka?", tanong ko. Ang gulo kasi nito. He said he hated me and then now he's not. Ano ba talaga?