Hard To Say I'm Sorry

Summary:

Simon Lewis was usually one to apologize. But this was especially hard. He didn't know why, but something made it hard to apologize to the boy who helped him when he became blood sucking monster. He didn't see himself as a monster anymore and that was because of this boy. He taught him the wonders of the night and how breathtakingly beautiful the moon could be. The kind boy with the soft smirk did that for him. And well, he wasn't always kind - but he was to Simon. Simon didn't seem know why, nor did he need to, everyone was kind to Simon, but neither did the boy.

Raphael Santiago, leader of the New York Vampire Clan, residing at the Hotel Dumort. Raphael had to be stern, he was a leader after all. He earned his position and he didn't want anything to get in the way of it. But something about the boy with the soft smile and kind eyes made him thoughtful. To just that boy, to only Simon Lewis. He showed him the wonders of the night and how beautiful the moon could be. But when he betrayed his kidness, Raphael had to do what great leaders do. He kicked Simon out of the Hotel and banned the boy from coming back.
By: lynchparrish

Simon was nervous, he was always nervous. But now he was shaking and his palms were sweaty. He had never remembered being this nervous before. He shook his arms out by his sides, as if to let all the nervousness dump on the ground. Then he slowly walked up the stairs to the Hotel, taking very deep breaths. You can do this, He thought, you're only facing the vampire you betrayed. Ha, I'm screwed.

Simon closed his fingers in a fist and knocked on the door. He waited restlessly for a few minutes, whistling to ease his nerves and kept adjusting the straps on his guitar. No one answered and no sounds were made to even acknowledge his presence, as suspected beforehand. Raphael would have seen him coming and would've told the clan to ignore him. Despite this thought, he simply walked inside, hoping he wouldn't get torn apart, literally.

He sighed a long breath of relief, no one was even in the lobby. The place looked deserted, like it belonged in a ghost town. It was the quietest the Hotel had probably ever been, but he knew better. It wasn't empty, seeing as it was daytime. He crept through the shadows and out of the way of the suns reach, just to make it here.

He breathed in another deep breath and came back to reality. "Raph," Simon spoke in a soft whisper. He didn't trust himself to speak louder, but he also knew he didn't have to. Raphael would hear him with his vampire hearing. "I know you told me to never come back," he paused and rubbed the back of his neck with his hand, "but it was really bothering me."

Raphael did, in fact, hear him all the way from the top of the Hotel. He knew Simon was coming when he was miles away, he could smell his sweet scent. Raphael cursed him, but also chuckled, Simon was clever enough to choose daytime so he couldn't leave. He was always a smart fledging and Raphael always tried to give him props for that.

Before Simon came too close though, he told the rest of the clan to stay away and leave the two of them alone. He was not to be bothered, he uttered in his sternest voice. Because had to be tough around the clan but not around Simon. Simon changed the way he saw the whole world or what he saw from the comfort of his Hotel. Even when Simon was gone he still looked for things he didn't before.

But, this bothered him? Raphael wasn't sure he heard him correctly, but of course he did. Ever since becoming a vampire, his hearing improved, there was no way he missed what Simon said. He couldn't seem to fathom something as insignificant as Raphael Santiago and his clan bothering someone as otherwordly as Simon Lewis. But it did, he did. Thinking about all of this, Raphael made the long decent down the stairs.

Simon took another deep breath, though he didn't even need to breathe, Raphael had him feeling like he had to gasp for breaths. Like he was being choked or buried alive. He pushed the feeling aside and slid his guitar, from his mundane days, around to the front of his body, getting the pick out of his pocket. He slid down the black leather couch and looked up, as if waiting for the heavens to open and drop Raphael. He looked down again, knowing wherever Raphael is in the hotel, he'll hear him, then started strumming.