Chapter 146 - Father/Daughter Date

Abi's POV

"Aha!" Lin shouted coming backstage. "You ready to go?" He asked me, and I looked up at him, he was already changed into his street clothes.

"Go where?" I asked, standing up not setting my book down, I was almost finished, Jeb just broke his arm, and I intended to have the book come full circle.

"Oh, I forgot, I have like, kind of like a surprise." He grabbed my hand and tossed my book on the couch. "Come child." He pulled me over to the stage door.

"What is it?" I asked, as he opened the door to the screaming mass of people.

"Well, I've been reading a parenting book." He said, between saying hi to fans and signing stuff, "and, well, it..." He started.

"Wait wait wait." I laughed. "A parenting book?" I asked.

"Yes." He said indignantly.

"Are you serious?" I asked, still laughing.

"Of course I am!" He said, starting to laugh.

"Do you have it on you?" I asked.

"Backpack." He muttered. I quickly rushed behind him and unzipped his backpack, "main pouch." He specified, as I rummaged through his notebooks and such.

"How much stuff do you keep in your bag?" I asked, still looking.

"I am a busy man Mija." He said, and I finally pulled it out.

"Starting Late: How To Parent an Adopted Teen" I read aloud laughing.

"You put that back in my bag right now missy!" He yelled and I slipped it back in, still laughing. "Sorry guys!" He yelled to the crowd, "I gotta go!" He pulled me into his side, "a certain teenager is acting like a teenager." He said and I laughed, he kissed the top of my head.

My heart felt so full every time we stage doored. I felt like I was somehow special, and it was weird. I had stage doored Hamilton before. I mean, I snuck out and stage doored a couple times, and it was amazing, I never imagined myself inside the barricades, going somewhere with Lin afterwards. I never imagined him playfully making fun of me, or having a conversation lightly, or hugging me. It was weird in a sense to be separated from all of them, when 7 months ago, I was screaming behind the barricade, not laughing inside it.

"Have fun A!" I spun around to see Thayne signing a book.

"Does everyone know but me?" I asked.

"Yep." He said, grabbing a playbill from someone in the middle of the crowd.

"Come on Mija, we only have a couple hours." Lin took my hand and pulled me out of the barricades. "We're taking the subway, and I have to warn you, it's 5:00."

"Ugh." I groaned. "Tears may be shed." I said.

"I know, I'm sorry, I didn't think it through Mija."

"It's fine." I sighed, following him down the steps underground.

"Stay close Peanut." He yelled, as it was insanely loud. I picked up my pace, so we wouldn't be separated, I mean, let's face it, he would go crazy. He pulled me into one of the cars, and took hold of a pole quickly. He pulled me close to him, as the car was extremely crowded, being that it was rush hour. He had his arm around me, hugging me to his chest, so I could hear his heartbeat. I focused on that, rather then the car around me. Lin had several people come up to him for autographs, which he gave out.