Chapter Six: My Personal Asassain

Chapter Six

The next day was one of the worst of my life. I was more than thankful when dinner arrived, and the day was truely over oce and for all. The twins picked up on my frustration, and wrPped their arms around me. "Whats bothering you, Mina?" Fred pressed, concerned. George joined in. "Yeah, is it the old git?" He asked.

I sighed, banging my head on the hard wooden table in defeat. "That and others." I muttered incoherently. "I know I failed that Muggle Studies test, Malfoy won'teVe me alone abot the whole 'Deathbeater' thing, and I have yet another detention with Snape tomorrow night." I groaned. My head was pounding.

The boys exchanged bewildered expressions before looking back at me. "Why?" They asked together. I shifted back upwards, tanning at my turkey with less than gnawing hunger. I couldn't muster up the strength and appetite to eat at a time like this.

"Peeves and I dumped a barrel of invisible ink on a clock of first years. They thought they had been cursed, and started bawling their eyes out." I explained. Sure, it was a little intense for a random joke, but all fun and game! Those kids should man up and learn to take a joke.

"It was all Peeves idea, too!" I added, flustered. The twins laughed, patting me on the back. Chuckling George shook his head at me, grinning. "Never trust Peeves, Mina." He told me intuitively. I pursed my lips, knowing he was right.

"Yeah, yeah. Dumb Snapeys gonna get it. Just wait and see." I mumbled to myself, ringing my hands together naughtily as I cooked up my next big scheme. I stared ahead, grinning sadistically as I thought. What was better? Bright pink robes or bright pink hair?

I absently picked up my drink, sipping at the pumpkin juice I so admired. A throbbing jab his me hard, knocking me back mentally and physicly. I gasped, choking, and the goblet slipped from my hand, hittinthe floor at my feet with a loud clank and splatter. My entire esophagus swelled, closing up, denying me oxygen. I grabbed the tender skin on my throat, pleading for air.

Fred and George yelled for help, but couldn't hear. The whole hall was a high pitched buz, and bubbling foam spurted from my mouth. My body was jerked with seizure like jolts, as if electricity was being shot through me. I fell backwards and the hall erupted with loud shouts of panic and worry.

Before I hit the floor, someone caught me, picking me up in strong arms and gentally setting me on the floor, still cradling my head in their lap. My vision blurred with tears and I silently screamed in my head, vision dotted with black and purple lights. Quiet tears leaked over my eyes, and someone wiped the excessive foam dribbling from my mouth away.

Pain throbbed in my body, and my head jerked to the side. I coughed, and globs of the yellowish bubbling liquid spurted out. Someone lept back, and blackness began to sweep over me from the lack of air. I saw Snape, face anxious and scared, as he hurried to retrieve something from his person. I stared up at him, more afraid than I've ever been, and gasped for air, choking.

My gagging, gasping noises filled the hall, and orders were sent out to teachers from the headmaster. I reached my hand, mustering up strength, to touch Snapes face. His eyes met mine in a frightened panic, and for a moment, I felt as if we were equal. Like we shared the ground, and were on the same page. No nastiness or bitter humor separating us, no hostility. Just care, and extreamly fear.

My body arched suddenly, wrenching one final time, and my hand slammed to the floor. Just as I thought I was a goner, something was shoved into my mouth. Someone worked my jaw to chew, and a warm sensation filled my cold, throbbing mouth, spreading throughout my body.

My eyelids fluttered, and my seizig came to a stop, my body going deathly still as I calmed. A few people gasped, and both my hands were being squeezed so tight the circulation was cut off. Slowly but surely, I regained normal body temperature and color slightly returned to my cheeks. As the seconds ticked by and I didn't move, a few people began to cry.