[22]: What Is Happening?

LIZA WAS NOT A PSYCHIC or a fortuneteller. But how come she knows all that things, you ask?

Because she was old. Because of the long time she's been here in the world. Because of all the things she's experience and witness.

But I just can't process in my brain the words if you won't believe me, just wait. You'll figure it out.

I want to go to the woods and find where Seth was. I want to tell him all what Liza told me. I want to ask him if he also liked me back.

Wait, what?

If he also liked me back.

I sighed as I lifted up the cup of tea and finished it.

No Thea, he doesn't like you. If you ask him now, he'll just break your heart. Just wait. The words echoed in my head. You'll figure it out.

•••

I was playing with baby Aly in the living room when the door opened.

The smiling faces of Janice and Beth was the first thing I saw. Next was Seth's. He was happy, his eyes would tell you all, but he didn't smile.

It's like his saying that I had a great time with them but it would have been better if you were with me.

Seriously Thea? My brain scolded. You are so ermergerdly assuming!

"Hi!" Beth greeted, smiling at me.

I smiled at her.

Janice, as usual, didn't talk to me or whatever and just went upstairs. I looked at Seth and he was looking at the stairs where Janice have gone too.

A wave of nausea hit me as I realized that maybe something was going on between those two.

Look, Janice looked happy and so was Seth when they reached the house. She was never like that when I was around.

And there it was.

I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move.

I was jealous.

What was in Janice that he liked her so quickly一just in a few hours?

And maybe, you're thinking the wrong thing. My heart said.

I slowly felt myself go back to normal but the feeling I had awhile ago didn't go away.

"Where's Liza?" Beth asked.

"Up in her room." I replied. Beth nodded and headed upstairs leaving me, Seth and baby Alyssa alone.

"Hey," Seth said, sitting down beside me.

"Hey," I greeted back, almost with no emotion, lifting Alyssa up and letting her stand on my lap.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked.

Wait, is this Seth I'm talking to? Or maybe Janice had brainwashed him and made him a good boy so that he'll follow her orders?

If I were to choose, I'd believe on the second one. It sounds more reasonable.

"Ye-es, I'm okay." I said, my voice breaking, as I tried to swallow the lump on my throat.

I stared at Alyssa as Seth tried to look at my face. Aly was like an angel, her eyes twinkling and looking at me as if to say, it's all right Thea, to cheer me up.

It did, you know. I smiled mentally.

"Thea, something's up your ass. What's it?" Seth asked.

Something in his words made me stand up and walk away from him. I placed baby Aly on her crib and sat down in the chair beside the crib.

"Thea, tell me." He said softly, aware of the people in the house, but he said it with so much power that it made me snap.

"What, you think you can control me?" I replied, my voice as equally as low as his as I felt my body starting to shake. "You don't have to worry for me, you know. You don't even own me."

"You are my responsibility because you are with me. If something wrong happens to you, the blame would be put on me." He pointed out, looking at me straight in the eyes.

"Well I'm fine." I said in a different tone of voice I didn't even recognize.

He broke eye contact and ran a hand through his hair一something he does when he's frustrated一and sighed.

"I'm going to our room." he finally said and headed upstairs.

I sighed. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Thea, Seth," Beth stated as we ate dinner. "Liza and I will be going to the city to give Liza a check-up and to buy medicine. I'll be taking Alyssa with me too since she has rashes on her legs and needs a check-up too. If you need anything, Janice will just be here."

I nodded and swallowed the last bits of my food.

I stood up, excused myself and placed my dish on the sink. After that, I headed to Seth and my room and took my phone out of my bag.

1 new message from Robert Tanner.

I unlocked my phone and read the text message.

Thea, how are you? I know you hate me for what I have done. Hey, you know what, I'm sorry. I just can't help but think worrying about you. I did that because I hoped it would turn you off. To hate me even so that the feelings you have for me would go away. I don't want to have a bestfriend hoping for me to like her back. I know it hurts so I'm sorry. Please, if you get this, reply.

"Thea, Seth, we'll be going!" I heard Hazel said.

I heard a door being opened then closed and then a girl giggling as she went up the stairs.

It must've been Janice.

She walked past the room I was in and after a few seconds later, there was a slow opening of the door.

I rolled my eyes and laid on my back on the bed as I placed the warm phone on my face. I wanted to communicate with Grace or Ethan but when I saw the signal on my phone, my heart broke.

So many things were happening at once. I need to relax.

I pulled out a book from my bag and started reading it.

Three hours passed and I was on my second book when I heard someone, a guy, I think, groaned in pleasure.

My eyes widened. Oh. My. God.

Please don't tell me someone's doing the nasty in this house.

Then a thought struck me.

Seth and Janice... maybe...

Oh my God, no, no, no.

Quickly, I was up from the bed and crept outside my room to the room where the groaning noise came from. The door was slightly ajar and I took a peek inside.

I almost fainted right there.

As I kept myself together, I could make out from my blurring eyesight was Janice only in her undergarments and a guy with complete clothes on, lying on his back on the bed.

Janice was straddling the guy, only her back to him and she was facing the legs part of the guy. She was sitting on the guy's torso and she was rubbing the spot between the guy's legs despite the layers of clothing covering it. That's when Janice started to unbutton the guy's pants...

I couldn't watch this anymore.

My heart broke to pieces as I ran down the stairs as I tried not to stumble down. My head was getting heavy and big hot tears were falling fast down my face as I rushed out the house.

I didn't care where I was going. I need to get out of here.

Just then I bumped into something. I braced myself for the impact and pain but it never came. Something was hugging me, holding me close to it's warm chest as I sobbed.

"Thea, are you okay? What happened?" A worried, familiar voice asked.

And the more I cried. In happiness.

Seth was with me, hugging me at this very moment.

*******************************
A/N: I know what you're thinking.

Yeah, it's short but I'll make it up to you on the next chapters. Promise. :))

Vote and COMMENT! <3