dix-sept

i want to sit by the fire with you in my arms, whispering sweet words into your ear in an attempt to soothe you

i want to sit by the fire with you in my arms, whispering sweet words into your ear in an attempt to soothe you. you are worthy of this earth, i will not be afraid to prove it to you.

🍦

*FLASHBACK*
mentions of abuse

the brunette wandered up the path to his family home, fingers laced with his fathers. he felt a slight squeeze of reassurance from his father as he edged closer to the front door, ridding him of all the nerves that had managed to build up inside of him. it wasn't that he of afraid of going home, he was afraid of going home to see a certain person. he could tell his father was also sharing the same level of fear, it wasn't that hard to figure it out. his seven year old mind didn't know any better than the harsh slaps he was about to receive, and there was nothing his father could do about it other than hang his head in shame and guilt.

"hello, sweetheart." his mother whom had cloudy eyes instantly beamed at the frail brunette who had stepped through the door. he took a deep breath as he was engulfed in a tight hug that knocked out all of the air in his lungs. he wrapped his arms around his mother as he knew if he did not comply he would be severely punished. except his uneducated mind had not come to the realisation that he would be punished either way, and he had no idea what for.

would he be punished for being birthed from a woman whom not wanted a child? is it okay to lock yourself in your closet in an attempt to hide from the woman who would plant bruises upon his skin, break several bones within his body. and leave him with a mind who knew no better than verbal abuse and long fighting sessions which would end up in one being ushered to a hospital. was that acceptable for a seven year old boy?

"h-hello, m-mommy." the brunette smiled, his crooked white teeth flashed at the woman. she crouched down before the boy, her eyes dark and mischievous, giving the brunette the impression he had done something terribly wrong.

"sweetheart, i thought i told you not to stutter." she spoke harshly, the words causing tyler's breath to hitch. he knew that he would be punished for the slightest of slip ups, including his stutter that he had obtained as a younger boy due to the lack of socialising he had done. that was all thanks to his mother who much rather kept him locked in his room, the only time she would see him was when she let out her anger.

"s-sorry, mommy." the young boy hung his head, his father looked on with a saddened expression, fearful of his wife's next move upon his broken son. the woman simply tutted, grasping the boy's hand rather sharply. the fragile boy let out a yelp as he was dragged across the wooden floorboard of their home, his worn out trainers glided across it, causing piercing sounds to echo throughout the home. his father instantly ran in front of the angered woman, stopping her in her steps, the brunette bumping into her behind.