49

C H A P T E R  49

Samantha sighed as she watched yet another happy family casually stroll through Diagon Alley.

She watched a young wizard glance around the different shops in complete awe.

Her eyes then traveled to the way the kid would yank on his mother's wrist and she would happily follow him around the windows of the different shops. Then the father would smile at the two from his spot on the sidewalk and usher them to actually go back to the list.

She's only really been to Diagon Alley two or three times. Her first during her first year but Aberforth basically sped through everything. And the other time last year when she went with the Weasleys. Other than that, Aberforth bought all of her things while he went out for work.

The twins knew about this and told her all about Diagon Alley so it's like she's been there numerous times.

However, she wanted to experience what lots of students got to experience. So badly.

She smiled when thinking about the Weasleys and how close of a family they were. They were currently in Egypt since Mr. Weasley won a prize from the Ministry and Samantha could not think of anyone who deserved it more.

Fred and George were probably trying to shove Percy in a tomb and Samantha silently laughed. Even though she was pissed when they tried to go that to her, she could picture Percy's reaction and that brought a smile to her face.

She and Harry were invited on the trip but she declined since Samantha wasn't truly part of their family and wanted them to have that vacation.

Instead, she opted for a nice, peaceful holiday by herself and the shops of Diagon Alley. She wanted to pay Harry a visit but he told her that he would get into trouble by the Dursleys. Samantha insisted that she should finally make herself known to them and cause a laugh but Harry instantly shot down the idea.

She wondered what he was doing and really just wanted to surprise him, but this time without a flying car.

Walking down the streets for the past few days to pass the time, she sort of felt like a ghost. Like she was only a spectator as the families walked past her without a care in the world.

On occasion, Samantha would sit in Flourish and Blotts and spend the entire afternoon getting lost in books and even helping out a few of the younger students find their required texts. What was she turning into?

After that, she would go to Florean's and finish the day off with some ice cream and have a chat with Mr. Florean himself.

While passing Madam Malkin's, Samantha watched through the window and silently laughed at the younger students being afraid that Madam Malkin would pin them or something.

Turning around and seeing if she missed any of the more obscure shops, her hazel eyes stopped on a poster that was covering most of the Owl Emporium display window.

Wanted! Sirius Black! He broke out of Azkaban last week. He was sent there twelve years ago for the murder of Peter Pettigrew and twelve Muggles with one curse. If you have seen him or know any information, call the Ministry of Magic as soon as possible.

To think Samantha thought this might be a quiet year.....

Sirius Black. She knew that name and what he did, well was convicted of.

Aberforth told her all about what happened to him when Samantha asked what happened to one of her favorite uncles.

She couldn't believe he went to Azkaban. And was there for twelve years.