「023」

0 2 3

WHALIEN 52

══════↯══════

Instead of returning to the dorm, I went straight to the archery club area. No one is there yet- which I like. The emptiness really fits well with my mood right now. Even loneliness turns into something you can see. The doors to the gym isn't open yet. I have no choice but to sit outside and wait until it's officially time to meet up.

A sound of a thud is heard as I lean against the cold wall next to the door. There's still an hour and a half left before it starts, I'll just wait here.

Come to think of it, Jungkook is avoiding me, and I'm avoiding him. It's not going to last long once he arrives for archery later. I almost forgot that we're in the same group. Fuck. At times like this, profanity is the best expression.

I wince at the sudden headache that struck the left side of my head. Even thinking about this situation hurts. I'm so stupid- really stupid. How did we start fighting over such a simple thing? Jungkook is the one who started it. It's his fault. Yeah, it is him. He's the one who has a problem. I clasp my hands with satisfaction. But Yoonbyul, you're the one who didn't understand what he meant. In the end it's your fault. Everything just returns back to me, huh?

I laugh at myself for talking to no one. I'm just talking to myself. I'll be honest, we're both taking this situation too seriously. This was such a stupid reason to fight for. I really wish our friendship could go back to the way it was originally. Jungkook was- no- Jungkook is my best friend.

━━━━━━━━━

"Oh, you're here early Yoonbyul." Someone said as I look up to see who it is.

The person unlocked the gym door, it was Mr. Ahn. I quickly stand up and dust myself off. There's still thirty minutes before archery club starts. I peek my head into the gym to see if I am allowed in this early.

"Yoonbyul, since you're here, would you like to earn some extra credits by helping me set up?" asked Mr. Ahn as he unlocked the door to the equipment room.

"Sure."

I help Mr. Ahn set up all of the archery equipment just in time before the other club members arrived.

"I'll make sure to mark down those credits for you. Thanks for your help Yoonbyul," informed Mr. Ahn.

He leaves to start the club as I go to my shooting area to wait for my group members. Haneul arrives and lets out a disgusting scoff.

"Where's that idol friend of yours?" he asked with his arms crossed.

"What are you so interested about?" I snapped at his sudden question that I thought I would never hear him ask.

"Well buttercup, what are you so worked up about, jeez," he said while taking a seat on the bench.

Haneul's right, what am I worked up about? And why am I listening to what he says, the hell.

━━━━━━━━━

The world will never know how sad I am. My hurt is water and oil that can't mix. I'm like a child in the lonely ocean.

Jungkook arrives ten minutes after the club started. We make eye contact with each other but quickly look away.

Archery practice ran smoothly as usual. I keep on getting eights and nines today. No tens. I guess my mood really affects my performance. I take a break and watch the other students practicing. Surprisingly, I'm amazed at Yeonseo's skills with archery. She might be a bitch, but she does have talent.