Chapter Thirteen- Art Class Incidents

The next morning I awoke to find no Victoria, so I figured that she had probably already started to go to class. We had it early today. Oh yeah, early. With a glance at the clock that was placed on top of the small cabinet I felt my stomach tense up and swallowed hard. 

I was late. 

I quickly grabbed some jeans and a black shirt and put them on, while struggling to put on my lace up shoes and my new bracelet Victoria had gifted me. Once I was done I made to grab my bag and rushed out of the dorm and walked the general direction to art class. When I arrived I gave a nervous glance to a few students who gave me a glance as I closed the door behind me and headed over to my desk. 

"Dude, you made it," Fox gave me a smile and nodded towards the front of the classroom where our art teacher, Mrs Elto was absent from. 

"Apparently," I said back, as I got my art folder and stationery out of my bag and placed it on the table in front of me. 

I turned to see if I was right about the Ice Queen leaving the dorm without waking me up, surely enough, she was there. Thanks for reminding me we had class, Victoria. Though I stopped in my annoyed thoughts as I noticed that Victoria had a saddened expression on her face, Zachary was sat behind her laughing about something...I wanted to rip that smile off his face. 

It was bad enough that Ice Princess, also known as Swan West, would be attending this Univeristy soon, without effectively turning her enemy's relationship to crap. I got the idea that people could dislike eachother...a lot at times, but it was completely uncool that Swan had kissed Zachary at that party the other day. And when I say uncool, it was seriously terrible that she did that.

 "Sorry I'm late class," began Mrs Elto as she placed her bag down on her own desk. 

"Today we will be working on the project ideas you should have thought about," 

Surely enough, I had some ideas in mind. I was going to create some new cover designs for a few books, and Fox was basing her project around nature. Victoria, as she is Victoria, didn't fill me in on her ideas for her art project, and I doubted that she would anytime soon. I just hoped that my ideas were up to standards with the other classmates. 

"Hey...Kate," Fox said, I could see that she waved at me in my peripheral so I glanced at her.

"You okay?" she continued.

"Yes I-"

"You absolute moron!" Came that oh-so-familiar voice, I turned to see the ice-queen working a hand through her slightly lilac-coloured hair. She turned on Zachary, her eyes full of anger.

"Victoria, it wasn't me, it was him," he pointed to the guy with glasses sat next to him who guiltily looked up from the piece he was painting, and surprise, surprise, his brush was covered in lilac paint. 

"Victoria, maybe it would be best to-" Mrs Elto tried to suggest something to a rather annoyed Victoria.

"No," Victoria stated, as a girl, who I recognised from the party, grabbed some tissues and began to help her get the paint out of her hair. 

"Well damn," Fox said, as she tried not to laugh. I, myself, just sat in slight shock.

  After Victoria's hair had been somewhat turned back to normal, she sighed and drew her attention back to her work. 

Fox and I continued our own work for a short while, until Victoria stood up, most eyes in the class were on her as she walked straight out of the room. 

"What a drama-queen," muttered the guy with glasses. 

What an obnoxious idiot. My mind retorted.

"Hmm...maybe that's your signal to go," Fox stated, I turned to her with confusion in my eyes.

"She could use a fr-" she corrected herself.

"Frenemy...right now," She gave me a small smile and I gave her a nod just as the class bell went off. Mrs Elto cleared her throat "Okay...good work today everyone, Zachary, Simon, may I please speak with both of you," she glanced towards both of them. 

I packed my things into my bag and muttered a "Well, I'll see you soon Fox," as I made my way out of the classroom and back towards the dorm room.

When I entered the room my eyes fell on Victoria, who was drying her hair, once she finished, she threw the towel beside her and placed her head in her hands, but then glanced up at me with a raised eyebrow as my shoe squeaked on the floor. I closed the door behind me and headed over to my bed to sit on it. 

"Kate..." she started, I waited for her to continue. 

"I thought that it would be easier..." she stated, her expression returned to it's saddened state and I gave her a questioning look "What?" I asked, she met my eyes before she spoke again "Dealing with such assholic individuals," she muttered, her gaze fell to the floor. 

"Listen," I spoke.

"I'm listening,"

"Zachary is a loser, but that doesn't...it shouldn't take away from you," 

"What do you mean, Greene?"

"You're an amazing individual Victoria...one who he wrongly messed about, you don't need someone like that,"  

"Don't you think I know that?" she smirked but before she continued to speak her expression became serious, "He was just another accessory," she glanced at her bracelet. 

I wondered what she meant by that for a short while until I felt I understood, for Victoria it seemed a boyfriend, well, in the case of Zachary at least, was only worth as much as her own accessories.

"There'll be others, I'm sure," she stated, her tone suddenly cold. Without another word Victoria got off her bed and walked to the door of our dorm, she turned back around to me and asked "Are you going to sit here all day?" 

I shook my head as the both of us left the room, Victoria muttered a "See you later," and headed away from me, so I began to walk back to Fox, Margo and Liam's hangout spot.