25

I woke up the next day with a yawn, Clint was tapping my muzzle, "Come on Delta we landed,".

I looked at him, still feeling exhausted and sore, but I got up shakily.

Clint held a hand on my shoulder to steady me, "Easy," he told me before starting to take off the armor I still had on.

When it was all off, he started walking out of the jet, leaving me to follow him lazily.

We hiked through the woods for about ten minutes before a large field same into our views with a large farmhouse in the middle.

I could feel Clint's happiness radiating off of him as we walked closer to the house.

He made me stay on the porch as he walked inside.

I heard him yell, "Honey? I'm home!"

I sighed and laid on the hard wood porch, curling up in a ball in the far corner with my tail going through the bars and grazing the grass.

The air smelt fresh and I loved it. It was much better than the city air or the air I had at the lab.

After about half an hour, Clint came out in a different outfit followed by two excited looking children and an extremely worried pregnant woman.

I yawned and raised my head to see them.

Clint moved crouch beside me.

I chattered as he pet my head.

The woman still lingered in the doorway, Clint noticed, "It's fine Laura, she would never hurt us. She protects me all the time," he told her.

I laid my head in his lap, still feeling sore.

"Come see guys," Clint called the two children enthusiastically.

I exhaled a deep breath and curled my tail around Clint.

The two children trotted up to me, radiating curiosity and joy. They smelled like Clint and the woman, so I knew that they were mates.

The two children sat beside Clint, and they started putting their hands on my neck before Clint let them move their hands to my face.

I opened my eyes and Clint ran his hand on my bottom jawline.

The door opened again, Tony and Steve came out in different clothes.

Laura still had the scent of fear radiating off her, so I didn't move.

Tony walked over and Steve gave a nod of acknowledgment before asking, "Need any help around here Clint?"

Clint looked from me to Steve, "You and Tony can chop some firewood. It's over there," he pointed to a pile of wood in front of the house. There was a large stump and a couple axes.

Steve walked off in that direction, while Tony followed suit a few moments later. The two started talking as they chopped wood.

Clint got up and asked one of the young ones, "Hey Cooper can you get the pieces of the railing so we can fix a couple pieces?"

The young male nodded and got up, running into the house before coming back out with a few specially carved sticks.

Clint took them from him and grabbed a drill that was against the house. He started to show Cooper how to fix it, letting the small boy help.

The girl and Laura went back into the house, where Bruce and Natasha were.

I overheard Tony and Steve, apparently Thor left while I'd been sleeping.