Chapter 1.

"My Lord..."

Sebastian stood and stared, for once not even remotely amused by the state his master was in. Beaten and bruised, the Queen's Guard Dog had once again been held captive by the very rats he was sent to sniff out, though this time they had taken it too far. They had angered Sebastian with their mistreatment of his master, and he had already slaughtered them all. For now he believed his anger stemmed from the fact that these shameful beings had sullied the purity of his meal.

Touching my Master with their filthy, unworthy hands... How dare they.

The young Earl's face was pale and bloodied, his breathing ragged and shallow. The eye patch he usually wore had been tossed to one side though the eye bearing the contract seal was not visible, as the boy's eyes were closed while he was unconscious. Iron cuffs around his wrists chafed against delicate, porcelain skin, causing calloused blisters to appear, and the strong iron chains suspended him from the wall like a grotesque puppet, though they would not remain there for long.
Snapping out of his reverie the butler stepped forwards, slicing the chains clean through with a single swipe of his finger. Before Ciel even had a chance to fall Sebastian had him in his arms, looking down on his master's worn face with concern.

"Come, Master. Let us return to the manor."

He murmured. Turning on his heel the demon stepped over the corpse of one of the criminals, avoiding the pool of blood around his slit throat before leaving the building and heading for home.

*****

Soon enough Sebastian walked through the corridors of the Phantomhive Manor, Ciel still out cold. Pushing the door open the raven haired male laid the body of the small child he held on the soft sheets of the bed, resting the Earl's head on the pillow.

"Mey-Rin, fetch warm water and a cloth. Bardroy, get a pan and some milk ready in the kitchen. Finny, leave one of the jars of honey from the pantry with the milk."

Without even thinking the butler gave his instructions to the other servants, and, with concern etched deeply on each of their faces, the trio hurried off to carry out the tasks they had been assigned.

Meanwhile, Sebastian gently removed his young master's clothes and dressed him in a clean nightshirt, brushing his blue-grey hair through with a soft brush to remove the knots and tangles.
Mey-Rin and the others returned quickly, the maid leaving the items on the bedside table before exiting the room in silence.

"Oh, I hope the Young Master will be alright. He looks to be in a bad way, yes he does."

The bespectacled maid looked at her companions with concern as she shut the door gently.

"Ah, he'll be fine. He's got Sebastian looking after him, right?"

Replied Bardroy, attempting to be optimistic, though even he still sounded worried.

"I hope so... The poor Master."

With saddened emerald eyes Finny cast a worried glance back at the door as they left for the servant's quarters, all three of the servants genuinely concerned for the wellbeing of their master.