[Birthday Gift] Pokeshipping : Marriage

Ash poked his hand lazily out of the bed sheets and reached out for the phone on his nightstand which was ringing nonstop. He threw the blanket away, sat up on his bed, pulled down his shirt that was rolled up and finally answered the call.

Ash! Honey! Good morning!

Ash rubbed the sleep off his eyes. "Morning, mother."

Oh, were you still sleeping? It's noon!

"No, I wasn't." Ash sat at the edge of the bed and reached or his pants on the floor. "I'm just a little tired."

You don't wake up early anymore! You keep relying on Misty, don't you?

Ash could hear her giggle. He blushed a bit. "No, not really."

Well, I guess all men get a little lazy when they get involved! Are you eating well?

"Uh, I'm not ten."

You're so far and I worry about you! I miss being able to visit you in the evenings, sweetheart.

"We'll be coming soon for the holidays." Ash got up as soon as he put his pajama pants on. He walked over to the closet and a stack of magazines at the bottom caught his eye. "I miss your food so get it ready."

I'll make all your favorites, dear! Just get home soon.

"We'll visit you first, I promise." He was checking the magazines with a small smile on his face. There were several pages folded and he unfolded each one to read the content.

Okay, sweetheart. I won't take too much of your time. I hope everything at work is great.

"It really is."

Take care, dear.

"I'll call you tonight, mom."

I'll wait for the call! Bye, Ash!

"Bye."

He hung up and put his phone inside his pocket. He shut the magazines, put on a fresh clean tee shirt and left the bedroom. He cleaned up and went to look for Misty.

"Mist?"

"I'm at the kitchen!"

"I hope you left some breakfast for me." He got inside the kitchen. Misty was at the table, reading a magazine. Her hair was wrapped in a towel and the lovely smell of her Shea butter and Aloe Vera conditioner filled the air.

"Of course I did! Let me get the coffee."

"Thanks." Ash took a peek at the page Misty was at when she went to get the coffee pot. He pulled away and leaned back on his chair when she turned around.

Misty was back to reading her magazine. Ash was eating and watching her the whole time.

"Oh, I love this dress!" She suddenly picked up the magazine and showed him the page.

"Which one?"

"This!"

"Oh, yeah, it's nice."

"And look at this one—it's a little short but I like it! It looks nice even if it's short, right?"

"Uhm."

Misty giggled and turned to flipping through her magazine.

Either Ash was imagining things, either Misty was really hinting at marriage lately.

She's gotten in this 'magazines mode' exactly two months ago. She bought any fashion magazine she found and would keep showing Ash the wedding dresses. She even made a wish list on Amazon with golden and silver rings embedded in diamonds. He was sure she left her rings on her vanity desk so he can figure out easily her ring size.