One Last Prank

"Scar I didn't manage to mention this before since I was a bit distracted by the 'suicide mission' thing but...I'm glad you're alright. I was worried and I feel like a complete fool, I can't believe I was so careless. It was my fault for taking you there in the first place. I'm sorry, I was stupid and-"

I moved to the bed beside his and took a seat. "It's not your fault, it could have happened anywhere, anytime. It was just bad luck." I gave him a smile, to show him I didn't think it was his fault. 

He sat up, so his back was pressed against the headboard. 

"Your hair turns peach when you're determined, right?" He remarked, and I raised my eyebrows.

"When you were being stubborn with Dumbledore, it turned to a very bright peach colour. But now it's a kind of light brown colour, but getting darker by the second." 

"How very observant of you," I replied.

"Believe me, if it were the other way around you would be very observant too,"

We sat in silence for a few more moments.

"Scar, you'll have to stop being friends with Lily, Mia and Rory. In fact you have to cut all ties with any Muggle or Half-Blood friends you have. You can't even say 'hello'."

"I know." I closed my eyes, guilt already making its course through me as I knew what would happen.

"You'll have to lie about what you believe. You'll have to curse innocent Muggles and Half-Bloods and hurt them. You might even have to kill them and not have a choice in the matter."

"I know" I muttered, almost unbelieving.

"You will never lead a normal life again. You will have to -"

"STOP! I know, I know it all. You don't need to tell me, I understand what I'm getting myself into, but I have to. I need to do something. I can't just be a bystander, it makes me just as bad."
He moved off his bed and sat beside me.

"I just want you to know that I care about you, and I care about what happens to you. I don't want you to get hurt, Scar." He moved his hand onto mine and I felt my breath hitch in my throat at the unexpected reaction. I looked at him briefly before looking back down to my feet. His hand was warm and soft, it made me feel as if everything would be fine as long as I kept holding it.

"Thank you...for taking me to Hogsmeade. I really enjoyed the trip even if it didn't end in the most pleasant of circumstances. You tried to cheer me up and to help me and for that I'm grateful to you."

He stood up and stretched. "Well like I said you owe me a favour so - remind me what were the names of those Slytherins that thought it was fine to use the cruciatus curse under your demonic grandmother's orders."

I looked up at him startled at the sudden change in subject. I quickly recited their names and he grinned wickedly.

"I think I've found our next victims."

"Our?" I enquired, taking note of the odd wording.

"Yes I propose that the Secret Prankster joins forces with a Marauder for the first time to get up to some mischief. What do you say?"
He looked at me with a kind of wold delight.

"Usually I work alone but on this occasion I think it would be a good idea. However considering my future plans I think that it would be wise to make them look like random pranks." I agreed to his idea, surprised at such a suggestion but intrigued all the same.

Madame Pomfrey suddenly burst back through the doors and looked at us wearily.

"Go on, get out of here. There's nothing wrong with either of you."