21. Pain

AdlynSmith
here is your double update!

Double update monday!!!! Do enjoy ;)

And puhleeeeez

Dont forget to vote because most of you forget and it would REAALLLLY make me want to do these recent consecutive updates if i could move my book up a few notches via your votes!!

Lovess!

Sunlight drifted through the blinds, dilating the cerulean blue of my curtains, casting blue shadows across my eyes. Yawning, my lids fluttered open, seeing my whole room was tinted blue as if i were under the sea.

I felt... refreshed.

Waking up at 4am from the sound of Nic coming home was the only time I awoke during the night, but went right back to sleep. Speaking of Nic, he leaves every night, not returning until the early morning. I thought at first he was meeting females from other packs but he hasn't brought a scent home yet.

The aroma of bacon wafted up the stairs and into my room like the hunch back of notre dame, filling my senses all the while my taste buds salivated in my mouth. Another day waking up to the smell of bacon, how my mom has always woken us up. With food.

I sighed happily, stretching and groaning before popping up out of bed and slipping on my fuzzy flip flop style house shoes. Taking a look in the mirror before i opened up my door, i noticed the dark circles weren't there today. First night in a months I've had any sleep..

Upong Stepping down last step into the open living room and kitchen, i saw mom busy cooking the bacon. Dad sat in his "special" recliner reading thr paper and Eden was..

"Eden?" I caught everyone's attention as i entered the room.

Eden's bright green eyes glanced up at me, a slow grin spreading on her face as assesed my pajamas, wiggling her brows at me. "Ouch girl, we have to talk about those pajams."

"Whats wrong with my pajamas?" I frowned at her, looking down to make sure nothing was hanging out.

She scrunched her nose. "Not sexy at all."

Dad growled from his recliner, glaring at Eden. "Her jammies are perfect. Nothing wrong with your jammies, sweetheart."

I rolled my eyes. "Dad. Pajamas. Im not a pup."

Nic came bounding down behind me, seeming cheerful for once. I was shoved unceremoniously up against the wall with an "oomph" as Nic ran into the kitchen sniffing the air in his boxers only.

"I smell bacon." His deep voice sounded raspy with sleep. I could see Eden's eyes travel over him, studying all the rippling muscles with a glint in her eye.

A low whistle broke through the room. Nic whipped around, his eyes landing on Eden and his jaw dropped open immiately.. eyes scanning her long legs.

"Nice boxers Nic." She winked. He glanced down at his superman boxers and rolled his eyes, turning around to head back upstairs to change i presume.

The entire room burst out laughing, even dad. Mom smirked at me as she flipped a piece of bacon in the frying pan. We all had this... normal atmosphere happening around us today.. with my friendship with Deacon getting back to normal and Eden being here, it was as if I was given a new reason to live. I still had thoughts of Zaryn, but they werent the love sick emotional kind they once were.

But a storm was brewing.

I could feel it.

"Oh, Nova.." dad turned, looking over at me. His forehead was creased and a hard set line was forced upon his lips. "Pack barbecue tonight. The healer arrives today. Its in her honor.. for some moon awful reason." He grumbled the last.
I remembered because Deacon reminded me yesterday but had forgotten all about it until just now. What a way to ruin my day.