Theon Greyjoy X Bolton!Reader - Kindness (Requested)

('Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."- Diana Spencer, Princess of Wales.)

"You know I love you Ramsey. You're the best brother I could possibly ask for, but I will not call Theon that horrible nickname you make him suffer through. It's so cruel and he hears it enough from you," you said in a huff. This was not the first time you had been through this with your Brother and you were tired of having the same argument again and again.

He shook his head at you. "Sometimes you are very lucky that I actually care about you," he grunted in your direction and you rolled your eyes at him. "Any normal woman who was this argumentative would have been fed to the dogs by now," he added causing you to laugh.

"I'm flattered, but I think you'll find that it's you who always starts our arguments," you smirked at him and he shot a mock surprised look at you, pressing his hand against his chest as if your words had offended him, though you both knew he was too thick-skinned for something like that to ever hurt him. "You know one of these days that poor boy will realise he doesn't have to listen to you and you'll regret everything you've done to him," you spoke as you picked at your nails. "Especially that thing with his, you know what," you told him wiggling your pinky finger in his direction.

"Yeah, you've told me," he laughed at you. "Actually, you've told me about ten times," he laughed and you smiled up at him before shrugging at his comment and causing him to laugh harder.

"You know how much I hate having to say 'I told you so' Ramsey," you uttered sarcastically and he cackled again as you watched your fingers with a grin on your face. You had always been the bossy one of the two of you when you were children, getting annoyed when he was 'playing wrong' and telling what to do in your games.

"Why do you not like how I treat Theon?" he asked you, suddenly very serious as you looked up at him. You hated when Ramsey did this, he went from happy and joking to mean and serious so quickly that it left you disorientated.

You raised an eyebrow at him. "Because I'm not like you and father. I don't like hurting people, or seeing people hurt, you know that," you told him watching his face soften slightly as he slumped into the seat beside you. "Why did you ask me these questions if you are never happy with my answer?" you spoke again and he shrugged your question off. "Ramsey?" you said again, more authoritative than before.

He seemed hesitant as he started to talk. "You never seemed to have as much of a problem with it all until it was Reek," he murmured and you rolled your eyes at him again.

"The boy has been through so much already. His father shipped him off to live with the Starks when he was a child and he's never known a real family," you paused for a moment. "I guess I just pity him more because his old life was pretty shit too," you finished and your brother snorted.

"I think living with the Starks was probably pretty nice, to be honest," he told you and you watched him in disbelief.

"So you would have been happy if Father had sent you off to live with some other family, all alone, without me?" you questioned him with your eyebrows raised and your lips pursed. Ramsey shifted in his seat, obviously uncomfortable, "You would have hated it, being away from your family always sucks," you added and he nodded. "Anyway, I figure that if I'm nice to him he won't hurt me when you break him and he goes on a rampage," you smiled trying to lighten the mood.

"You know that won't change anything, I'm not going to stop," he told you and you nodded sadly at him. "Now, I'm sure Reek is waiting for me, I need a shave," he added as he ran a hand over his light stubble. You quickly said your goodbyes and watched him leave the room.