23

It didn't take Cassandra long to unleash the psychopath she had tried to subdue. She jumped from her position on the bed and charged at the bars, her hands gripped separate ones as she pressed her face in between a pair to try and get closer to Elijah.

She didn't say anything, she just laughed, uncontrollably for that matter. Cassie doubled over, unable to catch her breath from laughing so much. "Stop, it's hurting" she managed to push out as she giggled and cackled. Tears streamed down her face and Elijah waited it out until she finally regained some kind of normality.

Elijah looked to Hayley, who was almost distraught. Was this the person she was trusting to help the Mikaelson's? Because this girl didn't seem stable at all.

"Who's this?" Cassandra looked at Elijah with widened eyes before looking to Hayley. She sounded excited, surprised, as if Hayley was a new toy to play with.

"I'm Hayley" she replied quietly, Hayley kept looking to Elijah, she obviously felt uncomfortable.

Cassie looked her up and down, she fell silent for a moment before realising "werewolf and vampire, you're a combination of two, just like I am" she outlined "though I'm a witch and a vampire instead"

Elijah stayed silent as he watched the conversation between the two girls. Well, it wasn't really a conversation, more like Cassandra trying to figure out Hayley.

"Yeah..." Hayley went to reply, to fill the silence with words and try to mask how awkward she felt, but she was only interrupted by Cassandra with her finger to her mouth.

"Sh sh sh sh sh" she hushed the hybrid "be silent, let me take some time to figure you out"

Cassie shut her eyes and took a breath in, taking all of the information she could get out of the wolf combo. It was easy, for Hayley was quite scared, she could take the information like an open book.

"You're a very popular girl, aren't you?" Cassie opened her eyes and smiled, her head now leaning against one of the bars "I know Elijah is quite find of you, but do you want to hear a secret Hayley?"

Cassandra beckoned Hayley closer, her loud voice turning now to a whisper that not even Hayley's hybrid ears could pick up. Elijah shook his head no, that was an incredibly bad idea. But what could happen? What was the worse she could do?

Hayley leant in closer so Cassandra could whisper in her ear "you know that cell over there?" She asked the wolf, pointing to an empty one, Hayley swallowed and nodded her head slightly. "Well, if you don't get out of Elijah's hold now, you'll end up right over there"

Hayley jumped back and tried not to let it get to her, she didn't know the full story, she shouldn't let a stranger say things that would run around in her mind.

As soon as Hayley jumped back, so did Cassie. She retreated back to the bed and with a smile on her face; she looked Hayley dead in the eye "they feed me enough blood to stop me from desecrating yet not enough to give me energy, they mix it with labelia flower so I haven't practised my magic in 300 years, the only socialisation I get is with the man who gives me cups of blood, and that is once every week, if they even remember" Cassandra described the tortuous ways of living in here "and to answer Elijah's thoughts; it is enough to send someone crazy"

"I've seen people I've gotten to know, tear themselves to shreds; tear their hearts out because living here is worse than death" She spat "so take my warning, the Mikaelson's are poison, I tried my best to save them from myself yet I was repaid by being locked in here for the rest of eternity"

"she's insane" Elijah made Hayley step back "don't listen to a word"

"Yes, Elijah" Cassie agreed "I am insane, I am unstable but only because it's what you have carved me into. And now you're here, offering me something you know I want, and now I know you need something. I do not care, the answer is no"

Elijah could feel the anger in the air, he could feel the heat radiating off her skin, she almost erupted. And Elijah knew better than to barter with someone as low as her, he knew better than to make her feel like she was needed.

But he couldn't help it. Elijah had gotten his hopes set high that he would be walking out with an ally, he just couldn't leave without it. Even if she had threatened Hayley with things she knew would scare her, this witch was his last resort.

"I need your help" he spoke louder, his words echoing and making her stop with her back facing him "what if I said this involves a lot of massacring witches? They're targeting my family, and we can't defeat them alone"

It seemed appetising, Cassandra's immense hunger had almost turned to delirium. She could taste the blood on her tongue and she wanted it. But she needed to be strong in this, she wanted Elijah to beg. "Find another witch for I am unavailable"

"That is the point" he replied "we have armies of vampires, armies of wolves with the power of a hybrid, we have powerful witches and yet we can be defeated. We need you"

She knew it. Cassandra knew it ever since Elijah locked the door instead of killing her, she wasn't disposable. Because she had one of the rarest powers known to man, she could practise magic, siphon magic, she couldn't die and her diet aided her strength. Cassie was the only one of her kind and that was a blessing and a curse.

She spun around, the list of demands in her head suddenly seemed possible. "I want out then" she demanded "I want to be let out whilst you explain what's happened and when this is all over I want a free ticket out of this hell, no more cages, no more Mikaelson's"

"Deal" Elijah called someone over with the key.

The unlatching sounded like music to her ears and the door opened quickly. Cassie stepped out knowing it was the first step to freedom. This place would soon become a distant memory, and all she needed to do was massacre a few witches. How hard could it be?