Parents

Alex

Cole's parents are coming over today and I am  drop dead nervous. Moms always ask questions like 'When are you going to have my grand babies?' and 'Is he treating you right?' 'Tell me all about yourself.' 

 I don't even plan on having kids soon.  I'm not even 19 yet. Cole wants kids but not for a couple of years. He claims that children will keep me from him, and honestly, I have to agree with him on that. I just got my mate, I would prefer to have him to myself for a little bit. 

"I'm glad you think that" Cole says laughing.

"Dammit Cole. I'm starting to rethink that"

"No baby, it was just funny that's all." He says stopping his laughter. "My parents will be here soon, but I see that you're already good to go."

As if on Que we hear a knock on the door and start to head downstairs. Cole opens the door to see a couple looking like they are early 40's late 30's. He gives both of them a hug before the woman's eyes shift to mine. 

"Cole is that her, she so much more beautiful that you described" She comes up to me and gives me a big hug. "You got a good one Cole" I hear his dad say. 

"Hi my name is Alex, you two must be Mr. and Mrs. White" I say politely.

 "Oh please call me Beth and that is my husband Daniel." The woman says.

"Well it is really nice to meet you both." I smile. We go to sit down in the living room. As I take my seat on the couch I already mentally prepare myself for the questions that are to come.

"So Alex, when do you plan on having children cause I would really like to have grand kids soon?" Cole owes me 5 bucks now that she asked that question.

"Not for a couple more years. I'm not even 20 yet." I say and she gives me what looks like a death glare. 

"Wrong answer but okay-" She says before Cole interrupts her "Mom." he growls at her

"What I want grand kids, like now but I guess it's okay, I can wait. I would prefer now-"

"Mom. Stop." Cole sneered. At least he's got my back on this. I'm surprised she asked that question first considering how Cole and I just met. I'm not sure if I can handle all of this right now but I'll just try to stay calm. Some how my feet are becoming very interesting at the moment.

"Have you two even mated yet? If you have I hope you didn't use protection." she asks in an annoyed tone. Cole looks at me staring at my feet. She's being really nosy.

"Are you okay?"

"Do you want the answer you want to hear or the truth." I laugh.

"Truth."

"I want to run to the bathroom, climb out the window and be alone on the roof and contemplate the meaning of my life." I say quickly.

"It'll be okay." Cole reassures.

"I think after this I'm just gonna go be alone for a bit. I just don't want to think about our relationship right now, it's just really uncomfortable." I don't say that to be rude. Honestly is just the best way to put it.

He lifts my chin up to kiss me and that relaxed me about 1%.

"Mom, we will discuss this later." Cole says and his mom stares daggers at him.

"No, Cole I just want to see if she is right for you. I think we should discuss this now." She encourages.

Cole's father just sits there like nothing is happening. Almost like he is afraid to argue with his wife. I just decide to get up and tell them that I am going to the bathroom but Cole looks at me worryingly like he knows what that means.

I hear low muffles of Cole talking to his mother, his father leaves the house to wait in the car.

"Mom. Why? You've chased her off!" he yells

"I just want to make sure she is right for you. She's too soft-"

"No mom! You were too harsh on her. She is the best thing that has happened in my life besides becoming Alpha." He argues.

"I'm glad you're happy but I want grand kids and I mean now Cole. I am very impatient! You have great mate but she doesn't seem strong enough to hold a family, you need to toughen her up. If she can't even think of kids then she's never going to be strong enough to even have them in the first place." She sneers. What is her deal? I'm 18 for Christs sake.

"You don't even know her, she even knows how to manipulate me into letting her wear a really tight outfit, she jumps roof tops and climbs trees to stay away from rouges. She is one of the toughest people I know and when she is mad she could probably be stronger than me! She's the love of my life and you've hurt her. Do you know what that does to me to see her hurt? It hurts me too. You can't do that to her. You say that you want to make sure that she is right for me, well she is more than just right for me, she is everything for me. Got it?" Cole roars.

"I'm just concerned that's all-"

"Mom, dad is waiting in the car for you, I think it's time for you to leave"

I hear no more noise as a door closes. I quickly climb onto the roof before Cole comes up the stairs. I hear the door in our room shut. After a few more minutes of fresh air I climb down and go back into the room. I see Cole on our bed covering his face with his hands. He hears me walk over to him and he looks up at me. He brings me into a bone crushing hug and I just let my tears run down my face, I'm not one to cry but if your Mates parents hated you I think anyone would cry too. I let out sobs into his chest as he lays me on the bed cuddling me.

"She hates me" I don't hear anything from Cole, he knows that I'm right.

"I heard everything that you said, thank you." he tenses but then soon relaxes as I scoot in closer to him, my tears drying a bit.

"I meant every last word"