seven

-but I love when we just talk-

The lighting was very large and bright in the dressing room that Paisley and Luke were currently sharing, not wanting to wait another ten minutes for one to open. It was noisy in the small room that held all the changing rooms but Paisley and Luke made sure to talk loud enough.

Both had made a truce to not look at the other- their backs facing each other- but Luke had the advantage that he was facing the mirror. He couldn't help but occasionally glance back at Paisley.

After the whole birthday fiasco, Luke had promised to take her on a small shopping trip to make up for it. She had originally said no but the blond felt bad and kept pestering her about it.

Valentina had let Luke off his leash for the day but it was simply because she thought he had band practice. Not that he was hanging out with Paisley. For some reason his girlfriend was jealous of his and Paisley's friendship?

Paisley was struggling to finish zipping up the dress she had pulled off the rack. It was the only thing she had actually liked in the expensive store but mainly chose it to please her blond friend.

The material was really soft and caressed her curves softly. The small girl was so excited to see what it would look like once it was completely zipped up. It was the most comfortable dress she had tried on in a long time and Paisley may have had a crush on it.

"Lucas, will you help me zip up the rest of the dress?" Paisley asked softly.

Luke, never was going to admit, had been watching her struggle to zip up the red satin material that was hugging her hips nicely. Not wanting to be caught in the act of being a complete creeper, having watched his best friend, he slowly turned around and made his best questioning face.

"My names not Lucas," he responded, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

Her eyes slowly trailed over him. The brunette noticed that the quarter-sleeve button up he was now wearing made his arms look so much more toned and she knew that she would force him to buy it if she had to. It was an off white and the taller one of the two had made sure to leave a solid four buttons left open. The shirt looked nice on him and Paisley was going to make sure he knew.

"Yes it is. Zip me up," she quipped, turning around and motioning towards the zipper.

Luke sighed but complied anyways. Even if he was truly mad at her, the blond would still do anything for Paisley. They were best friends; he'd die for her and he knew that she'd do the same.

"You look really good," Luke complimented, watching as the dress took the full shape it was supposed to.

Paisley smiled widely at Luke's words while examining herself in the mirror. There was a small blush painting her cheeks and she knew Luke was going to make fun of her. She pushed her hair over her left shoulder and tilted her head to the side, examining the dress. She really loved it.

"I love it," Paisley said softly, loving how the dress hung on her body.

"We should see if the guys want to go out tonight just so that you can wear it. It'll be a redo of your birthday. Valentina is going to Logan's house today, where she'll probably get trashed, so we can all go out like old times," Luke said smiling widely.

He really needed a break from his girlfriend sometimes and this was the perfect day to do so.

"Let's do it but for now let's pay and leave. I want to stop in Diana's for a second before we head out," Paisley added, smiling just as widely as her blond friend.

Luke groaned and rolled his eyes. The next hour that it would take Paisley to go through Diana's would be torturous. Most guys only would go in with their significant but sadly Luke was the unlucky best friend getting dragged in to sit in the waiting room chair and spend his time surrounded by aisles and aisles of lingerie.

***

Hey!! Sorry for the lack of updates!! School started and I'm super busy!! This is kind of a filler but I wanted to update so yeah!! I'm basically going to update like once or twice more until November and then I'll update so much more!

I have a question though.

Do you guys want me to post an update of the playlist I listen to while writing this? All the songs helped influence a chapter in some way and yeah!

Anyways that's all for now. Love you all. I can't believe how well this story is doing honestly. Xx

-El