Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Sam

It's been two days since Cameron found me in the woods and let me stay in his pack. I feel really worried because I know that Xander is capable of anything— being the alpha of the second most powerful pack in the world and all. I feel guilty for making him feel worried, but leaving was the only way I could think of to make sure that he and his pack are safe.

I'm in the guest room in Cameron's pack, trying to figure out to leave without Xander finding me when a knock startled me.

"Hey, would you like to go out for lunch?" Cameron asks from the doorway.

"Um, sure, I guess," I replied.

"Great, come on."

We walked out of the packhouse and made our way to a blue Lamborghini. I made my way to the passenger side and sat down, putting my seat belt on while waiting for Cameron. He got in the car and started to drive us to town.

He parked in front of a small cafe and got out of the car. I followed him inside and we sat down at a booth. We ordered and waited for our food.

"So, how long do you plan on hiding from your mate?" Cameron asks.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, playing with the hem of my shirt.

"Um, I-I'm not sure. I guess I'll have to wait until my old pack stops looking for me to make sure that Xander and his pack is safe." I answered.

"You know you can just tell Xander why you ran away. He's the alpha of the second most powerful pack in the world. I'm sure that with my help he won't have a problem fighting your old pack," Cameron tried to reassure me.

It's true that Xander won't have a problem fighting my old pack, but it would make feel a whole lot better if I'm not in his land, and making sure that they're safe.

"I guess you're right, but it would make me feel better if I'm not in his territory, just to ensure his and his pack's safety," I told him.

He looked at me for a few seconds, analyzing me, before shaking his head and letting out a sigh. I frowned, what did I do? Did I do something wrong? Our food arrived, interrupting my train of thoughts. I ate slowly, thinking about all the things that could happen to Xander if my pack decides to declare war on his pack. I only ate half of my food, feeling full already. I pushed my plate away and just sat there.

'I wonder how my brothers are doing right now. They may have hurt me, but they're still my brothers. I hope they're doing okay, and despite the scar that they gave me, I still love them. I could only hope that they're missing me too, but I doubt that.' I thought sadly.

"You're done eating?" Cameron asks with a frown.

I nodded, not wanting to speak. Cameron paid for our food before making our way back to his pack house. He leads me inside his office and told me to do anything I want. I was sitting on his couch when his phone suddenly started to ring.

"Alpha Cameron speaking,"

"Hello Cameron, it's Xander. I was wondering if I could have a look into your territory to see if my mate stopped by your pack. I'm checking in with every neighboring pack to see if my mate left a scent that could help us track her." I heard Xander's voice boom from the phone. I sat there in shock. He's doing what now? Cameron gave me a smile before answering Xander.

"Of course. When do you plan on stopping by?"

"Tomorrow," I heard Xander reply curtly.

"Of course. I'll see you tomorrow, Alpha Woods," Cameron said before hanging up.