9: The Match

Mixing myself in the crowd, my ear drums were almost damaged due to the deafening screams of the crowd in the arena when Viper had made his appearance.

Stopping at the ring, he lifted his hoodie and let it dropped to the ground. I could have sworn that the crowd had increased their volumes at the sight.

I watched as his steady breathing began slow as his eyes matched the venomous glares of his opponent, Hunter.

Hunter, standing at six feet tall, was a few inches shorter than Declan, but his agility was unmistakable. Even Pitbull who rarely gave praises had once complimented him when the match between them was over.

Maybe, this fight might determine if he had met his match. It would be a fight worth watching.

The bell went off, signalling that the match had started. Both competitors began circling each other in the ring as they waited for the right opportunity to arrive.

A blow merely missed Declan's face as he blocked it with his elbow. He attacked back with a punch and a few kicks in the stomach until he fell to the ground.

His foot made contact with the soft surface of the ring as Hunter rolled over and got up to his feet in a millisecond.

He retaliated back by kicking his knee which sent him moving a few steps back before a blow was sent to Hunter's face.

He blinked a few times at the impact before another blow flew to his face.

Seeing that he was walking back unstably, Declan grabbed the opportunity and kicked his stomach repeatedly with his nails digging into his flesh of his broad shoulders as he stopped him from moving.

Hunter glared at him as he clenched his jaws while trying to struggle under his iron grip.

Blood spurted from his mouth as he hung his head forward before a blow was sent to his face with the referee blowing the whistle, signalling that the match was over.

Hunter laid unconscious on the ground with his face smeared with his own blood.

My eyes met his wandering eyes which landed solely on me. Many heads were whipped in my direction while some females glared at me in jealousy.

I swallowed a bile which was rising to my throat and looked away, slowly making my way back to the room as images of him fighting so seriously flooded my mind.

He always wore that face when he was in a serious mode. It was a face that I would tend to notice whenever I was in his office before the whole 'I-want-to-f*ck-you' thing started.

I could never know how many faces he had. Wouldn't he be tired of choosing faces to show to people?

The door flung open as I looked up to see Declan trudging into the room with a solemn look.

My eyes rested on his bandages wrapped around his fists which was soaked with blood.

I stood up, reaching over for the first aid kit before pulling him onto the bench as I began to work on his wounds.

As I was carefully peeling away the bandages, I could feel his burning gaze which got me really tensed.

Ignoring it, I continued to apply antisceptic cream on his wounds before wrapping them up in bandages.

I proceeded to check if there was any injury on any part of his body, eventually heaving a sigh of relief when all was intact.

Imagine him to be Hunter who was laid on the ground unconscious. I wouldn't dare to sleep well at the sight.

Wait, what the f*ck was I thinking? Why should I even be worried for him? He had attempted to f*ck me a couple of times.

As I kept away the first aid kit, I was pulled into his arms as his warm eyes stared back at mine.

"Declan?" I croaked out, feeling his forehead resting against mine as he closed his eyes.

"Just let me feel your warmth." He murmured with a soft voice. I pursed my lips into a thin line, keeping quiet.

We stayed in this position for as long as I could remember.

+++

"Bring in the materials I have requested and make sure that no one enters the office for the next half an hour." He spoke through the intercom from the phone connected between us while I complied.

Sorting out the files he had requested, I carried them as I approached his office.

Pushing past the door, my gaze followed to the man who had tried to get in my pants. He must be here for the collaboration again.

Interestingly, his PA was not with him.

I walked towards the couch and placed the files on the coffee table, feeling holes burning on my chest as I looked up to see him smirking at me.

A cough caught his attention as he looked away from me and smiled at boss who was, on the other hand, looking very pissed off.

Ignoring it, I bowed before making a quick escape out of the office before things gets even more awkward.

+++

Vote. Comment. Share

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

22th August 2016