Chapter 18 surprise attack

My dad had a small smile plastered on his face, increasing the number of wrinkles which perched on his oval face. I stood there dumb founded taking glances at Jass once in a while.

I turned to see my mum who had a serious expression permanently glued on her face.

She's probably still sour about how I didn't believe her when she told me Trent was cheating on me.

I observed her face.

She had more freckles than before, which was usually a sign of stress, her black bags under her eyes highlighted the clear anxiety and lack of sleep.

Her short brown hair had been pulled back into a slick pony, and her face was plastered with makeup which made her look all the more like a drag queen.

"Oh my sweet heart how have you been?" She came running and pulled me into a tight hug. I wanted to push her away because there was a lot of pressure going on my stomach, but I controlled my urges with great difficulty.

"Great before you arrived" I muttered under my breath as my 'mother' held me an arms length away.

"Well I have a lot to talk about" she said dragging me towards the sofa and pushing me down. She perched up beside me giving me a soft smile.

"You." she pointed at Klara. "I don't pay you for nothing go and make me a cup of coffee" she demanded as Klara slumped her head down and complied.

The anger that boiled with in me was unbearable as I looked at poor Klara being ordered around.

"Mum don't you dare talk to her like that!" i yelled sternly as my mum raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Oh so my daughters getting attached to the house maid? I was wondering where you were getting all theses vile and low class habits from" she said scrunching up her features and plastering a look of disgust on her face.

"Mum I think your mistaken I get those low class habits from you" I retorted only making her angrier.

"Don't you dare give me cheek young lady. I am your mother" she stood up from the sofa looking utterly outraged.

"Your only half the mother Klara is to me!" I yelled the anger taking over all my conscious decisions. How dare she be so rude to Klara?

"Don't you dare question my parenting skills"

"You are not my parents! I only have one mother and her name is Klara" I got up and walked in to the kitchen leaving my mum dumb founded. Klara was toiling away putting in her full energy to make my 'mother' a cup of coffee.

"Klara if I were you I would have spat in her coffee" I said grabbing an apple from the fruit basket and resting on the island counter. She just laughed in response, placing the hot cup of coffee in a tray with biscuits and other confectionaries.

"Lana I want you to give this to your mum, she doesn't like it when I give her things" Klara said putting the tray beside me.

"Plus I have to prepare dinner quickly because madam likes dinner at exactly 6:15 not a minute early or late" She gave me a stern look telling me to get a move on. I grabbed the tray from the island counter.

"I might just accidentally drop this coffee on her" I mocked giving Klara a wink, she laughed in return ushering me to move forward.

I was about to walk in the room when I heard whispering.

"Have you told her the news?" My dad asked I think it was Jass but I'm unsure.

"Son you're going to have to tell her soon, she has to start getting prepared" my mother commented. I could tell by her shadow she had placed her hand on Jason's knee.

"Mum I'm just waiting for the right time. I mean a lot has gone on today for her, her life is practically full of drama" Jass retorted getting up from his seat.

"Like what?" my mum asked.

"Like what what?" Jass replied confusing me all the more.

"Look you will have to tell her sooner or later and I think sooner is better than later. You know she's a bit of a drama queen don't you." my mum urged I stepped closer trying to get a better view of what was going on.

"Sweetie I know your there, you can come in!" my dad ushered towards me a soft smile placed on his lips. Jass nodded making me feel slightly anxious.

I walked in the room placing the tray with my mums coffee on the table. My dad patted the seat beside him telling me to sit beside him, I complied to his orders and took a seat beside him wearily.

The confusion that seeped through me was unbearable as I wondered what they were talking about.

"What should Jason tell me?" I asked confronting the situation rather than pretending to be oblivious.

"Look sweetie we all think that you should reject Trent" my dad said in a harsh tone as my mum nodded vigorously.

But what they didn't know was that everything was complicated now! I was carrying his child and I didn't want my child's life to get destroyed because he doesn't have a fatherly figure.

"Bu- dad- I -" I stuttered trying to think of something to say to them. I didn't have the courage to tell them yet that I could possibly be pregnant.

"Is that what you guys were talking about?" I asked putting them on the spot.

"No" my mum replied raising her head as though she's the queen.

It was such a vague answer it got me even more curious. What could they have possibly be talking about? I couldn't hold my curiosity back so decided to just ask them.

"Then what was it?" I asked lifting an eyebrow up quizzically.

"We will leave that for Jason to tell you" my mum said giving me a fake smile.

"Oh Klara get in here right now!" my mum screamed. Klara scurried into the room giving a soft bow and then asking my mum what she needed.

"Mum stop treating her like that!" I defended.

"Don't tell me how to treat servants. She's a lousy bitch anyway who can't get any work done properly!"

That's it I've had enough of my mums cattiness. Without thinking I walked up to her and before I knew it my hand had connected to her face. Everyone's expression had gone solemn as there eyes pierced into me.

Shit

What have I done? I had never thought I would slap my mum in the face.

I looked around the room as everyone's gawking expression didn't really help the situation.

I was in for a long night.

------

NOT EDITED!

Vote, comment, fan

Thank you so much for the tremendous support love you guys ❤

Bye cookie monsters

Oh and Merry Christmas try not to get to drunk guys 😘

-a.k