48. Friends and Foes

You guys are amazing! THANK YOU SO MUCH for the incredible support you guys have shown me through your votes and comments on the last A/N! I just can't love you all enough!

And I'm absolutely loving the theories you guys are coming up with about the mysteries in this story! I'm so proud of you all! Keep it up my darlings! XD

Dedicated to CookieDoughTigress for your awesome votes and comments. The amazing gifs you put up in the last chapter had me laughing my head off XD

A huge shoutout to tigrace for your constant support from the very beginning! Thank you!

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE AND SOME VIOLENCE IN THIS CHAPTER!

(PLUS THIS CHAPTER IS THE LOOOONGEST I HAVE EVER WRITTEN)

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

_____

Suzzanah's POV

As I walked through the crowd towards Team B, I couldn't help but shake my head incredulously.

Alpha Penson...

It had been his idea to put both me and Megan on the same team. Zuerien had been so furious that I had thought he would blow the whole resort to smithereens. Cole and Marco had dragged him into the VIP cabin where all of them had had a collective mindlink with Alpha Penson.

I didn't know the details, but whatever Alpha Penson had told Zuerien had been enough to calm him down and consent to letting me be on Megan's Team. They had decided to take some special measure to ensure my safety, but I hadn't been told what they were yet.

Still...if its Alpha Penson's idea...it's bound to be the right one...

Right?

As I crossed the other teams, I let my eyes wander over the Team members. My eyes suddenly zeroed in on a vaguely familiar face, to find that it was the same waitress from last night who hadn't seemed to like me. She was in Team C, also participating in the first round of the Treasure Hunt.

She was glaring at me.

When our eyes met, she scowled before promptly looking away. A few of the people standing around her were doing the same, probably also having heard the rumor about me sleeping with their King.

The look of disapproval in their eyes was not lost on me.

I sighed dejectedly before bringing my wrist to my nose, and sniffing. The smell of the Arabian perfume Zuerien had gifted me was quite strong. It was in order to ensure that none of the Werewolves could pick up Zuerien's scent on me, but it was hardly of any use, now that a lot of them believed that I was having an affair with him.

I wonder if Zuerien knows of this matter...

Letting my gaze wander again, I looked around till I found a familiar face that immediately made me smile. Roma, the pack Doctor and Delta Del's mate was standing with the group of people who belonged to Team D.

The minute she saw me looking at her, she smiled warmly and waved. I waved back and she gestured towards my bruised leg, mouthing 'how is it now?'

I smiled and mouthed 'it's okay' back, to which she smiled, looking relieved. Roma knew, just like the rest of the wolves, that there was a Supernatural shadow loose in the territory, but no one other than our very close circle knew that it could be...