Vampire Vigilante

I walk down the street, I deiced to go down a few blocks before hailing a cab. Just as I am about to reach a busy street. A cold hand grabs my shoulder roughly pulling me back into an alley. I panic fighting against them only to have them slam me against the brick wall. I look into the eyes of the women, veins crawl up her cheeks and her eyes turn a deep red. Her red hair wildly hangs off her shoulders.

"Aren't you a pretty thing."

I push against her only to have her push back harder.

"I wouldn't do that Serena, I am a lot stronger than you."

"How do you know my name?" I question.

She gives me a dark smirk. "An old friend has been looking for you."

I muster all my strength giving her a hard shove. I get a small opening quickly darting towards the street. She appears in front of me, throwing back against the wall. My head snaps against the brick and a loud ringing fills my ears. She kneels down in front of me as my vision and hearing fade in and out. 

"It's such a shame that they want you alive." She sighs. "Killing you would make my job a lot easier.

"And what do we have here?" A deep voice questions from down the alley. 

My hands roam around in front of me looking for something sharp and wooden.

"Piss off this doesn't consider you." She shouts at him.

My hand moves over an old broken chair spool I shakily get to my feet as the man chuckles.

"These are my streets love, so it very much is my consider."

I blink my eyes, tightly grasping the wooden rod, everything is so blurry. Their voices sounded like a far off echo. I shakily raise my weapon shoving it threw her back, but it wasn't strong enough to reach her heart.

"You bitch." She snaps, quickly spinning around slapping my face and knocking me to the ground. 

In the next second I heard a sharp gasp and a thud. When my eyes focus I saw her vacant eyes staring back at me, her body laying limp on the ground. I weakly try to get to my feet as the man appears in front of me. My vision is blurry but I can tell he is in a suit, probably from the party. My head is gently cradled in the crook of the elbow, gently fingers brush against my forehead as they push my hair back. Suddenly something is shoved against my lips and I weakly push it back. Only to have him push it back rougher.

"You need to drink love. You're losing a lot of blood."

After a moment I open my mouth allowing the liquid to lazily fall down my throat. It's bittersweet, metallic; a taste I know all to well. After a few moment I pull away, letting my head rest in the crook of his arm. My head pounds as the blood tries to repair my wound. Suddenly I feel myself being lifted off the cold ground.

"Let's get you home. I need an address love."

I lay there in his arms my world spinning, unsure what to do.

"I can't just leave you the street now can I?"

He was right. The street name weakly falls from my mouth. A cool strong breeze surrounds us, soothing the pounding in my skull.
After a few moments the breeze stops and I hear him fiddle with the door.

"Key?"

"Under the mat."

I feel my hair sweep against the concrete as he bends down. Still not comfortable with setting me down. An odd sensation washes through me, despite the fact that I am in the arms of a stranger I have never felt safer. It's an odd calm, a warm feeling that just envelops my whole being.

"You need to invite me in love." He whispers, his lips brushing against my ear.

My stomach flips at his closeness and the words fall out of my mouth without hesitation. I am just so tired, I just want to sleep. He gently sets me on the couch, brushing my hair from my face.

"I know you're tried but you need to go clean yourself up alright?"

I shake my head, I don't want to move, I just want to sleep. After a moment he sigh, gently picking my back up.

"Very well."

I feel myself being placed in my bed, fighting fatigue the best I can. The last thing I saw were those blue green eyes. A beautiful calm sky before a storm.